Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Knoebels 5/26 - extreme snappage
Jim S.

5/26/2007 11:56:06 PM
I was at Knoebels today from about 12:30 to 6:30. Phoenix and Twister both seemed to be running smoother than the last time I was there, although I only rode the front of Twister and Phoenix only has one rough spot anyway. But the real highlight of the day was the Flyers. When I got there, there were two operators, an old guy and a young guy. It looked like maybe the younger one was being trained. A few rides ahead of me, the old guy gets in for a ride and proceeds to snap all over the place, not just a few times but constantly. Then on the next ride, something incredible happens: he starts telling people, while the ride is running, how to snap! The ride after that, he tells me that they've had to lower the speed of the ride 4 times in the last few years because they had someone spin 360 degrees and twist the cables. Then it's my turn, he asks me if I know what I'm doing, I say I've got the general idea, he gives me a few pointers and then says that I shouldn't worry, if it gets too bad he'll just slow it down a little. I had a pretty good flight, although when the wind picked up it didn't seem to take much effort. It was a very long ride too. I got some pretty good slack but didn't have any really violent snaps. The flyer behind me must have though, because as I'm walking out I hear him telling the rider that when they snap that hard he likes to check the cables before the next ride. I was pretty stunned at all of this after reading all the complaints about snapping being banned at PPP last year.
hrrytraver

5/27/2007 9:50:52 AM
there will always be rogue elements and vigilante snappers at knoebels. i've found that the ops on the flyer kinda all operate on their own agendas.
Timberman

5/27/2007 2:59:18 PM
Quote:
hrrytraver said:
there will always be rogue elements and vigilante snappers at knoebels.

Thank God for that.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
5/27/2007 5:17:37 PM
Quote:
hrrytraver said:
i've found that the ops on the flyer kinda all operate on their own agendas.

Quite much true. I miss the heck out of John, one of the younger fellows who ran the Flyer a year or so ago. He was the coolest ever.

--------------------
"Fabulous and beyond conceiving, ineffably beautiful, is this fiery scintillation."

- Maxim Gorky, 1907, on Coney Island
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics