Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Knoebels TR (5/12/07)
MovieCoast

5/13/2007 4:40:26 PM
After a seven year starvation, I finally returned to my favorite park: Knoebel's. At 11 years old, I had not ridden a roller coaster yet or any intense rides, so this was my chance to finally experience everything. I visited with friends on WVIA Day, so it was fairly crowded, but that didn't detrack from the fun.

The park was exactly as I had remembered it from when I had last been there, which made me very please. The atmopshere of Knoebel's is the best anywhere, and it hasn't changed even with new additions to the park. My favorite flat rides of the day were definitely Power Surge and Fandango, with the latter being the best flat I've probably ever been on. I was also able to hit a few other flat rides, including two rides on Cosmotron, just because we loved the music. The most rewarding non-coaster experience of the day for me, however, was The Haunted Mansion. This ride was a part of my childhood, and I was thrilled to finally experience it again. Having not ridden it in seven years, it seemed like I was riding it again for the first time, and I was amazed.

Of course, I did finally get to ride Knoebel's two amazing woodies:

Twister (10/10)

My first ride on Twister was in the early afternoon. The line was a little long, but the wait was increased due to one train operation. I sat towards the front on my first ride, and I was very impressed. Twister has some great laterals and speed. I was very suprised by the run between the two lift hills, which I had thought was just going to be a flat turn! The ride was very smooth for the most part and had good laterals, particularly in the turn before the double helix. It was good enough for a 9 at this point, but my evening ride would blow me away. At around 7:30, we ventured back over to Twister. WHAT A CHANGE! After some light rain and being later in the day, Twister was on an insanity run! It seemed much faster than my first ride, and I was being thrown all over the place! The turn before the double helix was the most intense moment that I've probably ever experienced on a wooden coaster. It was truly incredible! This is the way a wooden twister should: crazy and out of control! The front of the train definitely is the place to ride.

Phoenix (10/10)

Phoenix had been the ride I had been waiting the most for. My first ride of the day was definitely great. I rode in the middle and experienced some great floating air on every hill. Later in the afternoon, however, Phoenix became my favorite coaster of all time. I headed for the front seat, and it was an INSANE ride! I had standing air on every hill was continually thrown back down into the seat. My next ride was also in the front and was even faster and more intense. My one friend even wondered if such intense riding was even legal! The airtime was just that intense. My final ride was right around closing and in the rain. It was the greatest coaster experience that I have ever experienced in my life. Rain was pouring, the train was speeding, the tracks were ripping, and I was screaming and yelling the whole way. WHAT A RIDE! Thankfully, Knoeble's has kept the single position lap-bars and hasn't applied the breaks on the hills, so Phoenix runs as every coaster should be, which is insanely. There is definitely no other coaster out there like this one, even if ones well over three times its size! It packs and amazing punch, especially when in the front, and it is a testament to the way ever coaster on the planet should be run!

I had a truly amazing day at Knoebel's, and I really hope I can go again this summer. My rides on Phoenix alone made the day my best coaster enthusiast experience yet, but the day as a whole was just phenomenal.

--------------------
"Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"

Coaster Count: 60
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
5/13/2007 4:55:28 PM
Very, very cool, MovieCoast - so glad that you had a great time. I cannot wait to make my first visit out there this summer!!!
Timberman

5/18/2007 9:32:10 PM
Quote:
MovieCoast said:
Rain was pouring, the train was speeding, the tracks were ripping, and I was screaming and yelling the whole way. WHAT A RIDE! Thankfully, Knoeble's has kept the single position lap-bars and hasn't applied the breaks on the hills, so Phoenix runs as every coaster should be, which is insanely.

Dude, did you say you're 11 years old? The Force is strong with you, Padawan.

Message updated 5/18/2007 9:32:29 PM by Timberman
MovieCoast

5/21/2007 4:16:28 PM
Lol. No. I hadn't been to Knoebel's since I was 11. I'm 18.
*FreeBird*

5/21/2007 11:16:16 PM
I've been going to knoebels basically every year since i was like 6 or 7. Never gets old.

I still remember my first ride on the High Speed Thrill Coaster, it was scary back then. I never would have dreamed i would being going on the phoenix, which seemed huge. The whirlwind was scary too..
Message updated 5/21/2007 11:18:37 PM by *FreeBird*
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics