Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author BGW Tips
Timberman

9/3/2006 1:15:30 AM
Hi folks. Now that the Timber clan is comfortably situated in the Commonwealth of Virginia, we're thinking of taking a Labor Day trip down to Busch Gardens. Any tips would be appreciated.

I've been waiting to ride the Loch Ness Monster since I was about 10 years old. It's one of a handful of major Arrow installations that I still need to experience before these rugged old warhorses all go the way of Shockwave.

hrrytraver

9/3/2006 11:33:47 AM
welcome to the "mid-atlantic", timberman! it would be fun to meet sometime for rollercoasters.

i've been avoiding busch gardens for the last few years, holding out until they built their next coaster, which i was sure would be a woody and which, IMO, would make the admission seem more worth my while. well, now that fantasy is vaporized by the new b&m dive coaster. alas...

i'd still like to try going down that way again and the fifth coaster, while not ideal for me, would make going there more enjoyable for me. i dream often about riding the big bad wolf again and i remember the first drop of the loch ness being a doozy. the triple helix tunnel is quite unique too.

i'd recommend that you and the family go next spring, for the new coaster opening, and myself and my lady could meet you and yours for coasters, then knockwurst and pints in the brewhaus. it would be a little odd to meet you at a park with all steel coasters...

--------------------
there are approximately 10,000,000,000,000,000 ants alive right now. the combined bio-mass of ants on earth roughly equals the combined biomass of humans.
Message updated 9/3/2006 11:39:43 AM by hrrytraver
Timberman

9/3/2006 11:45:33 AM
I've often pondered the irony that "the Old Country" would have nothing but steel roller coasters in its lineup, but classic Ron Toomer steel is still worth a drive by my reckoning. I love the name of the new B&M dive machine BGW is getting, and of course I'll be happy to ride it, but I can't help but think of it as an opportunity wasted. They obviously inked that contract before El Toro came on line.

Definitely let us know when you're out and about coastering, ht, and we'll try to arrange a rendevous. Also feel free to look us up if you're in Northern, VA (a regional term that seems like an oxymoron to me).

By the way, does anybody know of any BGW discounts? Fifty-two bucks a head is muy steep for our humble circumstances.
BobFunland

9/3/2006 7:26:50 PM
Good luck, Busch parks are hard to crack as far as discounts go. You can save about $10 with AAA and that's about all I can think of.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics