Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Cedar Point Trip 8/14-8/15
katydid

8/18/2006 12:09:17 PM
Well I finally made it back to CP after a couple of years away and I still get excitied seeing that awesome skyline of coasters in front of me. We got to the park around 5 the first day to take avantage of the starlight pass. Walked to Raptor and waited 10 min before the skys opened up and we got soaking wet. Since it was raining the ride was temp. closed so we decided to get out of line and walk to Disaster Transport. It was a long wait at 45 min, but getting out of the rain was the goal. After we got off the sky was clearing up and the rest of the night was very nice. We waited about 15 min for Wicked Twister..great ride and lots of fun. After that we headed over to Iron Dragon waited about 5 min and had an okay ride..not too exciting but fun none the less. My boyfried and brothers all wanted to ride TTD, but I was still a little chicken so I decided to ride Gemini while they got in line. We got about 3 rides on Gemini with only 3 min waits for each ride. When we got off my brother called and said that TTD had broken down so they left the ride and we all decided to take a ride on Magnum. This was my first night ride and I definitly like it more at night. Still a little rough, but nothing horrible. We finished up the first night with a ride on Raptor.
Next morning was beautiful, clear skies and a nice breeze. We got to the park about 10:30 and walked over to TTD, but they wouldnt let anyone in the queue lines and the line was all the way back past Corkscrew, we decided to head over to MF. The wait was a little over and hour. I forgot just how fast MF really is and how it never seems to let up. After a great ride on MF we decided to head back toward Mean Streak, but it was broken so we walked toward TTD, by this time they had the ride up and running so we got in line. I have never before been so scared to ride a coaster. This thing is massive and quite intimidating. The last time I was here the ride was broken so it was my first time seeing it in action. Since the queues are right in the middle you cant avoid hearing the train flying down the track and the screams as the train heads toward the station. We only had an hour and 15 min wait. They had those trains launching every min it seemed, so the line moved pretty quickly. Finally it was my turn..my heart was pounding so hard I thought it was going to pop out of my chest. The anticipation was horrible...we rolled up to the starting position and waited for what seemed an eternity..finally the lights yellow, yellow, yellow, green...ahhhhhhhhhhh, that launch was crazy, I couldnt belive the speed. The next thing I know Im looking down and its over..I have never been so relieved, happy, pumped up in all my life like I was after TTD. After getting of, I looked up at that beast and wondered how in the world I did that. Afer that crazyness we walked back to Mean Streak and had a ride..bad mistake, after riding smooth MF and TTD, Mean Streak felt twice as rough. I think I punctured a lung, but it was still a crazy and fast. While back by Mean Streak we could see the new coaster being built, not sure what it could be, it seems like a very small space, but knowing CP im sure its gonna be great. The rest of the day we rode Mantis and walked around. It was a great trip lots of fun and it was really nice going to Cedar Point again.
Message updated 8/18/2006 6:24:56 PM by katydid
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics