Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Dorney Park - TR - 8/14/06
RCGenius

8/16/2006 8:57:39 PM
My family & I left for Dorney Park at around 10:15 a.m. & we ended up arriving there at aboout 15 minutes until the afternoon. We stopped off at the McDonald's which's across the street from Dorney, but I wasn't hungry because I was getting very excited about riding the rides & all. Once we got there, I already knew the first ride I wanted to get on. That ride was Talon: Grip of Fear, my favorite roller coaster at Dorney Park. My dad, my little sister, & I got on the ride while my mom was waiting outside for us. I love Talon's color scheme & it's always a great coaster to start off for your day of thrills & excitement. Talon's wait was just for one train & then we automatically got on the next one. As we're going up the 135 foot lift hill, I love reading the signs at the bottom saying "Almost there," "Goodbye," etc. The first drop's great & the four inversions are placed perfectly. My favorite element though besides the first drop's the airtime hill you get after going around the first spiral. We rode Talon in the very back, so the airtime on it was decent. To this day, Talon's still the best & it's now back in my Top 10 List again. Talon: Grip of Fear's so awesome. My little sister even thinks that Talon's the best coaster in the park.

After our ride on Talon came last year's new addition to the park, Hydra: the Revenge, my first & only B&M floorless I've been on to this day. My dad & I convinced my sister to ride it, but again, my mom didn't want to ride it, so she stood outside the exit watching us in action. Again, Hydra's waiting time was a complete walk-on & we rode the coaster right smack dab in the middle. The jojo roll's probably the 2nd best element throughout the whole ride because of that hangtime you get going through it. It's like all of the blood inside your body's now up in your brain giving you that rush of excitement. The first drop's still a lot of fun & very steep for a B&M floorless. The elements are still a lot of fun, even though I feel like Hydra's ending could've been a whole lot better. It's like the first 1/2 of the coaster's exciting like Islands of Adventure's Incredible Hulk. Unfortunately after the oblong looking cobra roll, the ride fizzles out at the end. I actually had a better coaster experience on Hydra this year than I did last year. Still, it's still not good enough to make it one of my favorites since it's not that intense & the ending's pretty much uneventful.

After my improved Hydra: the Revenge experience, my mom wanted to ride something finally & guess what it was, the Balloon Race. She went on it with my sister & their hair was all crazy looking after they got off it. My mom had fun though. After their Balloon Race ride came the Music Express. It was the first ride of the day that my whole family went on together. I've always loved the Music Express because it's so fast & thrilling, but I feel that William's Grove's Music Express blows this one away by a long shot since it went backwards. I'd love the Music Express a lot more if the second half of the course went backwards too, but it was still fun.

Afterwards, my dad & I came across this one game about a three-point shooting challenge. The high score for that day was 11 points by some kid from New Jersey & I thought that I could surpass that score easily. Since all of ya'll know how much I love the game of basketball, I thought that the challenge would be so easy, but I only scored three points afterwards. I was so pissed because my shot just didn't go in. Later on during the day, I did it two more times & I ended up winning a velcrow orange monkey. My highest score of the day was only five points. After my less than disappointing three-point shootout came the Zephyr train. It was a great way to just chill & watch the park's rides & scenery. The ride sounds like it's running on its last leg or something because it made this screeching noise that sounded like how my dad's Toyota Avalon so
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics