Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Rye Playland - 7/26/06
Hercules

7/27/2006 9:54:49 PM
I hit up Rye Playland yesterday and now I have this weird urge to watch Big.

It is about an hour and twenty minute drive for me, going down 84 to 17 to 87 to 287 catching 95 for a mile and then finding my way to Playland Parkway.

It is definately an interesting place. It kind of reminded me a little of Wildwood for some reason, but that is probably just because of the beach and the water and a boardwalk.

Anyway, here is basically my day in pictures.

I got to the park a little after 12 and went around taking some pictures of the place, and then found my way through the gates and into the park where I picked up a 6 hour Fun Band for 35 dollars. I wasn't planning on staying at the park that long, but figured I would get more than enough rides in, so it would definately be a value for me.

Going through the gates

Getting my wrist band

The first ride of the day for me was Dragon Coaster, and I had a great experience on it. It was one of those things that really makes you love being an enthusiast. Check out my ride review for more (well, once I get it done).

Dragon Coaster sign

Old skool manuel brakes, and the ride ops watching the train go through the course

Next up was The Whip, which was freakin' awesome! Then I hit up a few other flats.

The Whip sign

My girlfriend told me to do the indoor scrambler, because she had very fond memories of it from when she was a kid. I was supposed to call her back and tell her how much I loved it, but I didn't really like it that much. I could tell that it had been tamed down a little bit.

Before the scrambler I hit up this brakeless wild mouse, I was the only person to ride it over a 15 minute span

I walked around and took some photos and hit up some rides here and there. I wasn't in much of a hurry because all of the rides were walk-ons. The longest wait of the day for me was that first ride on the Dragon Coaster, which was about 10 minutes. Everything else through out the day was me, standing there are the front of the line waiting for the ride cycle to complete. Once I figured out that system, I didn't worry too much about getting to rides early.

So next up was the much anticipated Derby Racer. It was fun.

Derby Racer sign

Alright, here you go adriahna, I took these with you in mind. I didn't ride, but took the photos.

Pretty

Prettier

Prettiest

Here are some more random thoughts from the day:

- The bumper cars are really good and are the best non-Lusse that I have been on.
- I like go-karts that aren't an up charge, even if the track is only a little oval.
- I thought I hated flyers, and then I rode THIS THING Now I really hate flyers.

Some random photos:

[url=http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/herculesrestinpeace/detail?.dir=20acre2&.dnm=ab09re2.jpg&.src=ph]Killer
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
7/28/2006 8:57:23 PM
Cool pics, Hercules!!! Rye's carousel is truly beautiful - the armored horse is special, indeed. Glad you had a good time - we'll get you into the museum at some point!
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics