Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Coaster Celebration 06 - SFGAdv
Hercules

7/24/2006 6:09:33 PM
I know it's late, but you are just going to have to deal with it

I decided to visit Coaster Celebration this year. I ended up taking my cousin with me, because my girlfriend was not able to make it. I had the intentions of going for morning ERT for El Toro, but at the last minute the schedule got changed, and El Toro was on tap for the night. I was not sure if I would be able to make it to the night ERT, but I ended up getting there for it.

Just a few notes from the day:
- We got to the park around 3 and it was very crowded
- The first ride of the day was Nitro at about a 75 minute wait, which was very good for the amount of people in line. The ops were excellent and it was a very good ride on Nitro.
- Next up was Batman, which said it was a 30 minute wait. The operations were so bad that I thought they were only running one train, and didn't know that they were running two until we got to the station. It turned out to be a 2 1/2 hour wait for the ride, which is longer than any other time I had ever been to the park.
- We then got dinner, which sucked.
- Then it was time for Kingda Ka, because the park was not sure if it would be open for ERT (it ended up being open for 30 minutes for ERT). It was a little less than a 2 hour wait and it was great. It was the best ride I have had on it - front row, dark. I still don't think it is a coaster, it is more of a thrill ride, but it was certainly the best experience that I have had on it and I recommend the extra wait for the front.

All of that was a little disappointing, but that was ok, because the entire reason for the trip was El Toro.

I had been waiting for this ride to open with great anticipation ever since a little birdie whispered in my ear about it back on Kingda Ka media day.

ERT came and I ran into Cyclonic, who didn't recognize my new, sexy self

We ended up getting 5 rides in the hour and they were incredible. We actually got the very last ride of the night. There had been an engineer waiting in the station the whole ERT, and when we pulled back into the station, he started up the "One more time!" chant. It was funny that he started it and not someone else. It had been going through my head to start it when we were rolling into the station, but he beat me to the punch. Apparently, he had told the ride op to "Let them go one more time" after the train rolled out of the station - at least that is what a photographer said while waiting in the station.

Sadly, the ride op did not let us go, even with permission.

All I can say is, though, while sitting in the train, chanting and clapping, a feeling came over me. It was indescribable. Surreal. It was almost like a dream. It was one of those experiences that I will take with me through the rest of my life. It was the night that I realized something. I had had my doubts over the off season and even at the start, but those doubts were gone. This is my passion.

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

RCGenius

7/25/2006 6:05:31 AM
Great TR Hercules. It sounded like you had a great evening time at Six Flags Great Adventure, with the exception of the two & a half hour wait for Batman: the Ride & your suckish dinner. It seems like everyone this year has fallen in love with El Toro & I'm dying to ride that wooden beast sometime next month. Hopefully, I can pull a few strings for my family to spend a two day trek there since Six Flags Great Adventure just can't be completed in one day. Again, I'm glad you had a lot of great rides over the evening.
Hercules

7/25/2006 9:54:03 AM
Why can't Great Adventure be completed in one day? I've made a couple go arounds at the park in a day before. You just have to be able to catch the place on one of the not busy days.
larrygator

7/25/2006 10:24:53 AM
SFGAdv can be done on a weekday in the summer in one day, but you would have to be extremely lucky on a normal summer weekend. Since RCG is going with the family he might be talking about a weekend and if the family includes younger sblings it does take even longer.
Hercules

7/25/2006 10:33:40 AM
That's true, but that was not specified. He just made it seem like it was impossible all the way around no matter when he went. It is a big park, but it isn't that big when it is a slow day.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics