Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Dollywood/WonderWorks TR
nyeboy9

7/23/2006 11:58:30 PM
This is my first trip report, so I hope I give enough info. If you just want to skip ahead to my Dollywood report scroll down to Friday. If you want to read about my trip to a new attraction in Pigeon Forge, WonderWorks, than start reading from the top.

Thursday July 20, 2006
WonderWorks

We started off going to Wonderworks around 2:00. I believe there is a wonderworks in orlando as well. Anyway, it is design to look as if a meuseum crashed on top of the once Music Mansion. When you enter the lobby the ceiling is crumbled and the lights are flickering . Tickets are $20 if I remember correctly, but I got a combo for Lazer Tag and the Dinner Show.
You enter the meuseum through a rotating tunnel and exit through the Disaster Zone, where you can go on an Earthquake simulator. It was O.K. They also had a Hurricane simulator that simulated the winds of a hurricane. The winds were only 65 mph which doesn't even qualify as a hurricane. Anyway next was the challenge zone which had a rock wall, and a ride where you could pedal a bike 360 degrees. I didn't get to go on it since it was, of coarse, broken. Next was the space zone with some seats where you could fly Space shuttle Discovery. Next was more little exibits. Then came the roller coaster simulators. You could build your own coasters, it was fun, but they played this awful music during the ride. Next was an Illusion art gallery. Then came Laser tag. It was $5 for the first game and $4 for each additional game. The Dinner Show was pretty good. But I would have rather seen the Dixie Stampede. One of the things I did like about the show was that they served Italian food instead of the normal BBQ and potatoes. I would recommend this place if you're staying in Pigeon Forge for a week or so and need something to do. Now for the real place...

Friday July 21, 2006 Dollywood

I was at the gates before the place even opened. As soon as it did I headed for Timber Tower since the wait is usually awful around midday. Timber Tower wasn't very good since now you don't get wet from the water jets and the beavers. It was a slow day so I went on it twice anyway. Next is my favorite, Thunderhead. I like how they have added misters to the top of the lift hill. It shrouds the top in mist so you can't see the drop as well. Next I headed over to Mountain Slidewinder, with it's astonishing wait of 0 min. I walked right up to the scale before the raft. They were doing work on one of the slides so it got busier as the day progressed. Next was Daredevil Falls. They turned the sounds on this time so the ride got better. I'm still pretty mad that they got rid of the conveyer belt lift and replaced it with a chain lift.
Next was Blazing Fury. I noticed that you can hear the sounds of the other trains going by the paper thin wall that seperates the different parts of the ride. I don't remember getting as wet as I did this time I went on. Tennessee Tornado wasn't busy either.( Wait time 0 min.) It wasn't as rough this time through. And, I was wrong, Both of the trains are painted brown, not blue. Anyway, I didn't go to the Fair area tis time through. I did go on Smoky Mountain River Rampage, which always has the longest wait. I got the wettest on this ride, which was nice on such a hot day. Smoky Mountain Wilderness Adventure was closed and turned into a Spongebob Ride for kidsfest. It was suppose to be in 3D, but Dollywood made it into a normal movie. It was also the same movie that is shown at PKI, if you know what I'm talking about, which was shown in 3D. For the rest of the day I just kept going on Thunder head for about 5 more times and caught a magic show for Kidsfest. A few quick tips eat at Red's Diner, located in Jukebox Junction, try Dollywood's Kettle Corn, and catch a ride on the Dollywood Express, It's always a great way to get off you're feet. Oh, and Mystery Mine opens April 13, 2007. That's Friday the 13th.

--------------------
[img]http://www.themeparkreview.net/thumbs/dwt
RCGenius

7/24/2006 5:47:14 AM
Solid review nyeboy9. It sounded like you had a great time at both parks. You're right about how there's a WonderWorks in Orlando because I went there last year during one of the days that we had taken a break from going to amusement parks. I had a great time too. I like your Dollywood review too. It really sounds like Dollywood's definitely a top destination amusement park to get to, but I doubt that I'll be going there anytime soon because it'd take something more than Tennessee Tornado & Thunderhead to plan a trip there.
nyeboy9

7/24/2006 4:34:19 PM
Thank you RCGenius. They do need more coasters before I would take a trip for the sole purpose of going to Dollywood. I was out camping and decided to go around Pigeon Forge and see some of the attractions there as well. Dollywood will get more rides soon, so more people will start planning trips just for Dollywood.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics