Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Tusenfryd and Liseberg TR
larrygator

7/3/2006 7:00:57 PM
This is a continuation of the UK Trip Report

So after 9 days riding coasters in England the majority and the group awoke at 4AM to catch a flight to Sweden then a four hour drive to Tusenfryd in Norway.

Day 10, June 19 - Tusenfryd
The weather is cooler and overcast and more like the weather I anticipated for the whole trip. The park is pretty spread out with room between the rides and very hilly (think Holiday World). I honestly can not remember the order of the rides I went on and the park map is in Norwegian so bear with me on the name of the rides.

The park was beautifully landscaped but it was very strange that many the teenagers in the park were slobs throwing their garbage everywhere. The park staff was constantly picking up after them. Also, Norwegians have a disgusting habit of constantly spitting on the ground, I thought people in New York were bad about this, but nothing like these guys. Funny, I didn't remember that from my previous trip to Norway in 1994.

ThunderCoaster was the surprise woodie of the trip. I had not heard anything about it before hand and didn't expect much. It delivered a great ride with plenty of very good pops or air and an out of control feel. After the ride I asked someone on the trip who designed it and was shocked with the answer: Vekoma. If only all Vekoma's were this much fun. It gets a solid 9 rating in my book.

I rode a couple of kiddie coasters in Dragon and Teeny Weeny. Teeny Weeny was unique in that the cars looked like classic American cars and were roomy enough to sit two adults across, even if one of the adults was 6ft 8in tall.

SuperSplash is a water coaster that is far superior to my other water coaster credit (Dive to Atlantis at Mt Olympus). However, you do not very wet, just some mist. SuperSplash is at the bottom of a steep hill and near an attraction called Vikingtoktet. I looked to be a theater type attraction so we passed, but on the bus later we found it was a simulator about Vikings coming to America and they gave you headsets to listen in English. Oh well you live, you learn.

Japp Spaceshot was a typical launch tower but you get a great view of the surrounding mountains.

Loopen was a typical Vekoma Corkscrew. Before riding the final coaster I went in their walkthrough haunted house Spokelses Slottet, which was OK but short and the swings, Sverre Husken.

I finally went on Speed Monster, their new launch coaster. It's a good thing I didn't wait for our ERT because this Intamin breakdown as the park closed. It was a unique layout and I really didn't remember much about my only ride as I was planning to pay more attention on future rides. I was hooping the unique "Norwegian Loop" would be more forceful. It is promoted as being like a pretzel loop with a 1/2 in-line twist both leading in and out of the element, but it wasn't anything like the Ultimate Flight pretzel loops.

I know it doesn't sound like I did much but I rode ThunderCoaster a lot. Then when ERT started and with Speed Monster down I rode ThunderCoaster about ten more time in the rain. It was completely out of control and I had to close my eyes and squint because the rain was coming down so hard.

The food at the park was better than I expected. I had ribs and pomme frites (French Fries). They had awesome seasoning to put on top of the fries. The ribs were also good and meaty. I also had a fresh made waffle with raspberry jam and cream on top that was top notch.

Day 11, June 20 - Liseberg
Our group was told the day would start with a total of 3 hours of ERT on Balder and Kanonen.

The park manager and PR director led us to the infield under Balder to a little house and told a story of how it was a replica of a house under a coaster in Belgium or Netherlands, I can't remember which.

The park employees then went in to house and started lining abo
Message updated 8/16/2006 10:14:03 PM by larrygator
hrrytraver

7/3/2006 10:05:51 PM
ah...a bit of food reportage. a good TR evokes as many senses as possible, imho.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics