Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR: Clementon Amusement Park, 7/3
BobFunland

7/3/2006 4:24:35 PM
So after flying up this morning, Nathan and I headed off to Clementon Amusement Park, home of Tsunami. Tsunami is a hybrid wood-on-steel coaster that is fairly new to the park, opening late in 2004. Built by S&S, it is my first ride on one of their woodies.

After picking me up and stopping by at his cousin's house, Nathan directed us to Clementon. $22 to get into the dump of a park, oh well, its only one shot.

We proceeded back to Tsunami and took our first ride in the back. Well, let me say that it is gutsy. It runs at breakneck speed and has a lot of intensity to it. It was a good ride but not one of my favorites. First impression: I'd say an 8.

After that, we took a ride on the weak CP Huntington Train, but we did get to see the old Jack Rabbit

With that down, the Falling Star was the lone remaining "good" ride according to Nathan.I concur, it was a well-run machine. Nice air, nice lakeside setting (perfect for all those ejections! ) and a good cycle.

Staying in that area, we rode the Turtle Whirl, a themed Tilt that gave us little to nothing.

After tasting a couple of flats, we went back and stayed on Tsunami a couple of times (twice up front, which was my favorite) and then headed out amidst 90 degree heat and a fulfilled appetite. Tomorrow's a big day, afterall. Time for El Toro

--------------------
Google Search TPC BEFORE you create that new thread
Message updated 5/11/2012 12:16:28 AM by BobFunland
erinys

7/4/2006 10:23:42 AM
Thanks for posting your Clementon experience. Of course you are off to El Toro today (I wish you all well in the NJ heat & humidity today with $19.99 admissions floating around - hope you are all forcing fluids) & will have much to say about that upon your return. When you get a chance, I'd love some more information to help plan a trip.

Were Chaos & Sea Dragon operating? I've only been on one Chaos, which was pretty pathetic, so I am eager for another opportunity. The Sea Dragon looks amazing in their web picture, but perhaps they were running it for the photo like they can't or won't in real life - how did it look? Based on the time of your post, I have to guess you had an all day admission for $22 - is that with coupons? Log flume ride?

Looking forward to more, but hope you're having a great Great Adventure in the meantime.
BobFunland

7/5/2006 7:40:00 PM
Both rides were operating on our trip. I cannot comment on how it looked, I didn't examine it close enough, sorry

All day admission was $22 and change, but that is with an $8 Off coupon which can be found at the drug store across from the park (CVS I think)

I did not do the log flume, so I cna't comment on it either. Seriously, the park is sucha dump, I wouldn't want to spend much time there.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics