Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie Lake TR 6-18 Fathers Day
mrceagle

6/20/2006 9:48:26 PM
This was a last minute trip so to speak. I had been talking to my parents about it and trying to convince them to go since they hadn’t been in something like 4 years. We finally opted to take advantage of the fathers day deal. The group was my parents, my 2 brothers and my niece. This was my niece’s first trip to Canobie. She’s the and over 36 in. so she was going to be able to ride many rides.

Well Sunday came and I remembered shy I normally don’t go to the park with my parents. By the time they opted to get up and get ready and finally leave the house it was noon. So we didn’t get to the park till 1:00 pm. The only thing that made this not drive me completely nuts is that the park is now open to 10:00 at night and we had plenty of time to hit rides.

We pulled in and the parking lot was nearly full. It was going to be a busy day for the park. We parked literally against the fence around 800ft from the park entrance gate. So we entered with 1 child ($18.00), 2 adults ($27.00 each), and 2 free admittance fathers. No coupons needed! My younger brother and I had ticket from opening day a sale ($19.00 cost).

So we entered and since my dad needed to eat we headed for the Bebop Diner. Fathers got a free lunch voucher. The park was busy. Rides in site hade a one to two circuit wait and the walkways were mildly busy.

I ran into one of the owners driving around with the head food manager. I asked him about the new ride and got some bass into. As I got to the dinner I also ran into his Brother. Basically from what I could find out the Paratrooper was soled to Blue Diamond Park in New Castle, Delaware. They got a little les then the $25,000 they were looking for. Also they were going to be sending some one to the Huss manufacturing plant to inspect the ride in mid July. If all is right the ride will be shipped 3rd week of July and in the park hopefully by the second week of August. So if all works out the ride should operate for the last month and a half of the operating year. The ride will be given a 50’s theme to go along with the new look of the area.

Our fist plan was to go to Castaway Island. As we approached we noticed that the 2water play area was packed. With it being so busy and my parents to wanting to deal with my niece fighting went we left the attraction we turned around and headed to the Dragon coaster. Since my parents and my niece were a few minutes form getting on the ride I hope over to Turkish twist for my fist ride. The best park is the two younger girls behind me haven’t been on the ride before and neither have the foreign family in from of me. So most of the riders made many comments when the ride got to full speed, and many screams when the floor dropped.

I walked back to the dragon coaster and road that my Niece loved it and went on a second time I stayed off to take a few pics. My father went on the Jungle drop (S&S frog hopper) with my Niece before we headed to the Boston Tea Party.

Today was a day of meeting people that had never been to the park or haven’t in a long time. I talked to an older couple from Manchester, NH while I waited for the ride. Despite the length of the queue the wait was only about 15-20 minutes. Got complexly soaked! The couple that was in front of me was completely amazed by the stream of water it throws up in front of you.

Again my family was backed up for some reason or another so I went ahead to take some more shots and check out Skater in its new location. After taking a few pics I hoped in line. The skater was down opening day do to a broken part. Things seemed to have worked themselves out. Not only was the ride running far better then last year. They were running a longer ride program, spinning the car in both directions. In turn the ride was well worth ridding and finally presented itself as a higher end model from the Rockn’ Tug.

I got off and rode over the rainbow with my family. Well minus my broth
mrceagle

6/21/2006 6:09:11 PM
So here is a solection of my Canobie pics. Between way to many pics of my Niece and many park shots I had taken nearly 150 pics.

Here's a solection of 40.

link to photos
Message updated 6/21/2006 6:16:33 PM by mrceagle
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics