Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Tips for PKD Anyone?
MovieCoast

5/22/2006 4:54:23 PM
I'm visiting PKD on June 16th, and I was wondering what the do's and don't's are. I heard heading to Volcano and Hypersonic first is a good start. Anyting else?

--------------------
"Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"

VISIT MY COASTER SITE!!!
http://moviecoastsworld.250free.com

Coaster Count: 46
ABR

6/1/2006 8:36:13 PM
Yes, Volcano and Hypersonic tend to have the longest lines. You might also consider hitting up Italian Job early as well since it's new and will be the thing everyone wants to get on. It's right by Volcano so that's where I'd head first. Shockwave also tends to have long lines, not cause it's a good ride, but because the loading speed is so slow. If you want to go on Shockwave, consider doing that early or late in the day as well. Hurler and Anaconda almost never have a line, so do those whenever. The Grizzly usually has a 10 minute wait during most of the day, so that's a good one to do whenever as well. The Rebel Yell is questionable. Usually when I'm there the forward side is running 2 trains and is a walk on, and the backward side is running one train and has a wait. Avalanche will usually be a 15 minute wait throughout the day (there's hardly any quene space for it). Scooby Doo tends to have long lines because it's one of those rides that everyone can enjoy. BTW, if you have ever been on Xcelerator, Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka, or Storm Runner you really don't have much need to go on Hypersonic.
MovieCoast

6/3/2006 12:15:57 PM
How long is the wait usually for Hypersonic and Volcano?
larrygator

6/3/2006 7:25:02 PM
The problem with Hypersonic is not only the length of the line but also that it constantly breaks down.

--------------------
My signature has been hijacked!

Poop happens! That's why man invented toilet paper.
Message updated 6/3/2006 7:25:48 PM by larrygator
iScream

7/2/2006 6:45:06 PM
Don't wait until mid-day to hit the log flume and white water canyon when the lines get long (especially on hot days). Hit them early before the crowds or around dinner time.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics