Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR: Great Adventure, May 12, 2006
Cyclonic

5/13/2006 12:03:18 AM
Just a quick report.

I visited the park for a few hours this morning. The call was for rain, but it turned out to be a perfect day whether wise. Great skies, perfect temp, great day to just walk around and take some photos of the park. The park was busy with school groups, but not overly crowded.

Kingda Ka was, of course, still closed. I could see them working on the launch track as I came in to the park. It looked like they were power washing it.

I was going to hit Chiller: Batman up first, but it was closed, with both trains on the transfer. It did not open while I was in the park. Oh well, next time.

I did ride Nitro, it was running great as usual. It just affirms that I still like it better then SFoG's Goliath, though just slightly.

Also rode a few flats, Jolly Roger, the cables, Parachutes, but for the most part walked around enjoying the park.

The Kiddie Carousel looks great with the posters in the background:

Just a little Bull here:

The fence has been moved back to show some of Plaza Del Carnaval's entrance:

You also get a good look at Tango in place (still wish we were getting a Disko):

And of course, El Toro:

Who wants a big kiss:

I tawt I taw a puddy cat:

Loopy:

Is this AC. There are these slot machines set up by the Twister:

A pretty sky:

And now, a tribute to the landscapers, major kudos go to them once again:

Six coasters in one shot:

I love the lake:

El Toro Stuff:

New Yorkers???

A few comments, questions, and suggestions:

Last year it was mentioned that season pass holders would get premium parking, is that happening this year?

The Thailand employees are deffinatly getting there, they are friendly, cheerful, and enthusiastic. Keep it up.

There are a boatload of catfish living in the lake near the fort, the park should put some of those gumball machines with feed there. I think people would get a kick out of it.

Speaking of fish, what happened to the koi in the koi pond? The pond is still there, but no fish.

The sound system in the park<
Message updated 5/13/2006 12:04:02 AM by Cyclonic
ridejunkie

5/13/2006 12:21:56 AM
Wow! Great Adventure looked really really nice! Were there many people there? I ask that because usually, even on weekdays, that park is SO crowded!
Cyclonic

5/13/2006 12:24:18 AM
It was not too bad. Like I said, the park was busy, but not crowded. I did not ride much, just kinda walked around and photographed some things.
mrceagle

5/16/2006 11:03:23 AM
Thanks for the Trip report and Pics. the park looks great this year. Wern't there Trees next to Twister a few eyars back?

I can't say a Disco dose look more apealing. they look very carnival though over the rockn Tugs. My park jsut got a Skater and I hate the look of it. the ride is a little better but not much. Though Ihave to say that is the worst ooking rockn' Tug I have ever seen. Take off the top and it wouldn't look so bad.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics