Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Dollywoods Timber Tower
nyeboy9

4/22/2006 5:34:09 PM
Has anyone ridden the Tiber Tower yet? This site says it's still under construction but Dollywood said that it's open. I heard it was the only topple tower in North America. I can't wait to ride it.
no cars go

4/22/2006 6:28:40 PM
I haven't ridden it, I've never even been to Dollywood, but the website has pictures from the grand opening so it is open. Sometimes the site is just a little behind. (Take Williams Grove for instance.) It is the only Topple Tower in North America, but I do know that there is one in Belgium and another in France. They have a video of Topple Tower in action, and it looks fun... but unstable... It looks like a great addition for Dollywood and it fits the park's theme well. The website also has illustrations of all the themes. THey are all so cool! But why is it in the classic ride section?

Also, welcome to the site! It took me a long time to get up to 50 posts!

--------------------
If I could open my arms and span the length of the isle of Manhattan
I'd bring it to where you are making a lake of the East River and Hudson
If I could open my arms wide enough for a marching band to march out
They would make your name sing and bend through alleys and bounce off all the buildings

www.freewebs.com/kennywoodpark
Message updated 4/22/2006 6:29:58 PM by no cars go
Dukeis#1

4/24/2006 9:04:02 PM
I visited Dollywood on 4/20 and 4/22. Unfortunately Timber Tower was closed both days due to mechanical problems.

I'm not sure if the ride has reopened yet, you could probably call the park and find out.

The ACE website has some nice photos of Timber Tower in action from media day:

http://www.acesoutheast.org/Dolly06/
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics