Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Six Flags Astroworld
coasterwom

4/16/2006 3:22:24 AM
Where are the coasters being moved to? Will they sell anymore parks for condominium complexes? What will happen to Texas Cyclone?
BobFunland

4/16/2006 3:47:12 AM
Cyclone:

Greezed Lightnin and Mayan Mind Bender have been sold to smaller parks in Texas.

Ultra Twister is on-site at Six Flags America, Batman is on-site at Darien Lake. I honestly doubt either will be installed.

Viper is pretty much a lost hope - everything but the track is in Atlanta, which makes me assume the track was sold for scrap.

Of course, most of this info could have been found through a search

They probably will sell off more properties.
mrceagle

4/16/2006 2:08:42 PM
In a nut shell most all the rides are sold or Moved. a few Kiddie rides are still waiting to be sold. allot of things were scraped.

As for othert parks so far they are Closing Fronter city and canceling the lease on two other water park propertys.
coasterwom

4/19/2006 3:41:54 AM
I never got to ride any of the coasters at this park but it's a tragedy when parks are closed. I heard Six Flags Oklahoma is being sold after this season (2006). The lowest attendance rates are at Frontier City, Oklahoma and Wyandot Lake, Columbus. I hope these other parks and coasters can be saved. My favorite Six Flags park is Great Adventure, NJ. This is the top ranking Six Flags park in attendance and I'm sure it will not be sold. I have also been to Illinois, Georgia, Maryland, Missouri, NY-Darien Lake, and Kentucky Kingdom. I hope Six Flags will not close any more parks and I hope they will recover financially. Although I prefer the other chains (CF, Paramount, Busch, Disney) to this chain Six Flags has alot of good coasters at their parks. The down side of the chain is the parks are dirty, short staffed, the rides are sometimes closed due to poor maintenence, and the parking rates and admission prices are too high sometimes.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics