Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Which park this weekend? Advice
erinys

4/12/2006 11:05:09 AM
Any thoughts or suggestions?
-Hershey is cheap & looks like everything but Lightning Racer & water rides are sceduled to be open.
-SFAmerica just opened. Roar wasn't working last weekend but everything else seems to have been.
-SFGAdv has passholders' day on Sunday. Was there 2 weeks ago.
FYI - I don't do Nitro or Kingda Ka. I MIGHT be ready for Superman at SFA. In my limited experience, I adore Medusa and really like Roar.
BobFunland

4/12/2006 12:52:56 PM
I'm guessing you don't do Nitro due to the size and intimidation but I would put it as less scary than Superman and IMO still a better ride. Very comfortable and I hope by the end of the year you get on it.

... but I dig Hershey
Hercules

4/12/2006 12:54:50 PM
It's all about Hershey. That is a great deal that they have going there and is a complete park experience. You can always do the other parks, but Hershey in the spring, at that price, go for it.
RCGenius

4/12/2006 8:59:54 PM
Try to go to Hersheypark this weekend man. Trust me. You'll love their Springtime in the Park experience a lot. This year, they're combining the free unlimited rides with the free admission to Hersheypark anyway. Try to go there on April 15th because I'm going to be there too. If you want to find me, I'm a brother (or black man) who'll be with a group of kids because I'm part of the Youth Convention at my church. I stand 6'1'' & I'm real dark in terms of skin color.
Cyclonic

4/12/2006 11:13:25 PM
Quote:
erinys said:
Any thoughts or suggestions?
-Hershey is cheap & looks like everything but Lightning Racer & water rides are sceduled to be open.
-SFAmerica just opened. Roar wasn't working last weekend but everything else seems to have been.
-SFGAdv has passholders' day on Sunday. Was there 2 weeks ago.
FYI - I don't do Nitro or Kingda Ka. I MIGHT be ready for Superman at SFA. In my limited experience, I adore Medusa and really like Roar.

Roar was running last weekend, rode it when I was there Sunday.

If you come to GAdv on Sunday, I can force you onto Nitro

--------------------
My Track Record

Penncoasters.com

Annoy a liberal, work hard and be happy.

Hercules

4/12/2006 11:54:53 PM
^ He can get anyone to ride anything.
BobFunland

4/13/2006 2:06:45 AM
I disagree.

Think wood at Knoebels.
Message updated 4/13/2006 2:06:58 AM by BobFunland
erinys

4/13/2006 7:14:38 AM

Definitely leaning toward Hershey if I can persuade my Park Pal (who has to drive). I've never been there, so very excited although a little leery of possible crowds. Aiming for Saturday.

Thrilled to hear about Roar. I was misled by someone on another site who wrote Roar was closed for something like "they got new cars for it the black car was on site and it showed up when the park opened it was still on the truck", and I must have mistranslated.

& yes, Nitro is just too big.
Message updated 4/13/2006 1:48:45 PM by erinys
Hercules

4/13/2006 1:21:22 PM
Quote:
BobFunland said:
I disagree.

Think wood at Knoebels.

Good point. Maybe he can't.

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

thinkdif

4/13/2006 5:14:58 PM
Hershey, no question. Gadv is a great park, but if you arn't a huge thrill seeker, than your options are fairly limited. Hershey is great because it apeals to families and thrill seekers. It is more of a destination park compared to six flags.
erinys

4/14/2006 10:44:17 PM
You all convinced me - Hershey wins! There tomorrow!
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
4/16/2006 8:45:01 AM
Hershey! Sweeeet... literally.
RCGenius

4/21/2006 9:41:12 AM
Yo Erinys, if you went to Hersheypark last Saturday, how was your trip?
erinys

4/23/2006 9:07:49 AM
Sorry, tried to reply earlier but somehow the computer 'ate' my response.

You all were right - Hershey was fantastic. It was amazing to have courteous, attentive, grandparent-ly staff waiting on us and even giving change in the bills requested. Even the children seemed less out of control than at SGAdv.

The lines seemed pretty long for so early in the season. Perhaps because we spent so much time walking around checking it all out first, but we didn't make it on a single flat although we were there from about 1pm-9. Tetracycline STILL makes you burn. If anyone saw a short blond 39-ish lobster, that was me.

I love Roar, so I expected to love Wildcat and didn't. I don't particularly like SFA Wild One, so Lightning Racer was much better than I expected (twice, walk-on). Great Bear had been my goal for the the day - it was glorious! Twice, back seat, wanted more. Wild Mouse was fun.

The line for Storm Runner was slow and seemed to take up the largest portion of the day. Perhaps Cyclonic can make anyone ride anything, but DarkridrMD deserves kudos for talking me on after just waiting in line to keep him company and then literally holding my hand to get me through it. I need to ride it again - didn't like it but didn't have cardiac arrest (arrhythmia, perhaps).

Sidewinder is a torture device that could have been used in the Inquisition.
Message updated 4/23/2006 11:49:43 AM by erinys
RCGenius

4/24/2006 8:15:16 PM
Erinys, no offense, but how can you compare coasters like Wild One at Six Flags America & Lightning Racer at Hersheypark together? Wild One's a double out-and-back woody while Lightning Racer's a dueling/racing woody.
Hercules

4/24/2006 8:25:53 PM
Chill homie. erinys has been on a few wooden coasters. Cool it.
no cars go

4/24/2006 10:01:22 PM
Quote:
erinys said:
The lines seemed pretty long for so early in the season. Perhaps because we spent so much time walking around checking it all out first, but we didn't make it on a single flat although we were there from about 1pm-9. Tetracycline STILL makes you burn. If anyone saw a short blond 39-ish lobster, that was me.

Tetracycline??? Do I want to know???

--------------------
R.I.P. Williams Grove

We will never forget you.
Cyclonic

4/24/2006 11:29:44 PM
Quote:
RCGenius said:
Erinys, no offense, but how can you compare coasters like Wild One at Six Flags America & Lightning Racer at Hersheypark together? Wild One's a double out-and-back woody while Lightning Racer's a dueling/racing woody.

As Herc said, it isn't a big deal, in fact, I find it a decent comparison. BTW, Wild One is a single out and back, and I have grown to like it better each year.

I am glad you had a good day despite the crowds. I heard the park was very, very busy from a friend that works there. He said they actually opened rides that they were not intending to open, including LR, so you got lucky in a way.
erinys

4/25/2006 5:30:55 AM
Thanks for the defense!

Bronchitis = tetracycline when your insurance doesn't cover Z-pak (and your Dr is too much of an idiot to prescribe the multi-pill daily dose of the generic). Unfortunately, I'm allergic to it so the day started with my head in the john. And ended with blisters. With that in mind, it was a pretty darn good day. I think I LOVE Hershey. I am so grateful they opened the additional rides. Don't know when I'll make it back, but I'm dying to.

I am a coaster babe-in-the-woods, so I have to compare to what I know, and while a GCI, Lightning Racer seemed more like an out-and-back several times than like my beloved, curvaceous Roar. I really prefer lateral forces to airtime (although that's growing on me), so it was a surprise that Lightning Racer did more for me than Wildcat, but LR was a lot more curvy than I expected. After having ridden a couple B&M's now, I think I'm less tolerant of roughness, so Wildcat was a little disappointing (my expectations had been very high though). Not that I'm saying they are comparable, just that I am learning what I enjoy most. And, ooooh, did I enjoy Great Bear in the dark!

Probably should mention that I bruised or sprained my tailbone on Twister (following that up with GASM was a mistake) at SFGAdv opening weekend, so pain was a factor in the whole experience. I was healing and guarding pretty well, but Sidewinder did me in.

Could someone please praise DarkridrMD for his persistence, patience, and hand-holding to get me on Storm Runner? You have no idea what an accomplishment that was.

Must go to work, so will edit later if I've written any of this badly/inaccurately.
Message updated 4/25/2006 5:49:58 AM by erinys
larrygator

4/25/2006 9:50:42 AM
I hereby praise DarkridrMD for his persistence, patience, and hand-holding to get erinys on Storm Runner!
erinys

4/25/2006 6:44:02 PM
Ah, better. Thank you.
no cars go

4/25/2006 10:18:22 PM
Cool, sounds like you had a good time. I've been going to Hershey my whole life.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics