Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Dorney Parks Future
RCGenius

4/7/2006 9:04:58 PM
Since the addition of Hydra: the Revenge last year & they're opening a second wave pool this year, what do ya'll think that Dorney Park will do in the near future? I can see them possibly trying to fit in another wooden coaster so that Thunderhawk won't be their only one in the long run. Maybe not as big as Hercules, but if they could pull off a GCI wooden twister, that'd be a great addition to the park. Also, they could possibly try to squeeze in an Intamin impulse coaster into a small plot of land since they don't require a lot of space & it'll be a unique coaster thrill in PA. Dorney Park could also build a dark ride somewhere since they're seriously lacking in that ride department.
no cars go

4/7/2006 11:08:01 PM
I've never been to Dorney Park, but I've read a lot about it and I think that it is a good park to pave the way of Pennsylvania's modern coasters, so here are my suggestions:
a 4th Dimension coaster
a Bobsled coaster
a Flying coaster
a Pipeline coaster
a Stand Up coaster
a Hybrid coaster (Steel or Wood)
an Indoor coaster
a LIM or LSM coaster
a Water coaster
A WOODIE!!!

Some of these may be a little too modern for Pennsylvania, and it might mess up Pennsylvania's traditional parks which I love, and I am all for the traditional woodies as you can see. See, this is one of my #1 signs of bad times coming. PA has the highest amount of wooden coasters, and there are only 15!!! Steel is dominating the industry, but I like woodies better.

Just my opinion.

--------------------
If I could open my arms and span the length of the ilse of Manhattan
I'd bring it to where you are making a lake of the East River and Hudson
If I could open my arms wide enough for a marching band to march out
They would make your name sing and bend through alleys and bounce off all the buildings

www.freewebs.com/kennywoodpark
coasterwom

4/20/2006 3:18:07 AM
I hope they put in a 4th dimension coaster. I think this would be a great addition but I think they will add another woodie to make up for Hercules and save the 4th dimension for Cedar Point the largest Cedar Fair park.
Hercules

4/20/2006 1:26:57 PM
Quote:
D3ath Cab said:
I've never been to Dorney Park, but I've read a lot about it and I think that it is a good park to pave the way of Pennsylvania's modern coasters, so here are my suggestions:
a 4th Dimension coaster
a Bobsled coaster
a Flying coaster
a Pipeline coaster
a Stand Up coaster
a Hybrid coaster (Steel or Wood)
an Indoor coaster
a LIM or LSM coaster
a Water coaster
A WOODIE!!!

Some of these may be a little too modern for Pennsylvania, and it might mess up Pennsylvania's traditional parks which I love, and I am all for the traditional woodies as you can see. See, this is one of my #1 signs of bad times coming. PA has the highest amount of wooden coasters, and there are only 15!!! Steel is dominating the industry, but I like woodies better.

Just my opinion.

Just go ahead and name every kind of coaster out there why don't you!

I don't think that things are "too modern" for Pennsylvania. B&M rides are "modern".

It seems like shameless self promotion every time that something about the future of Dorney comes along, but I revert back to THIS once again

It is obvious that this year there is that new Subway, which I completely disagree with, and the new wave pool, which even though it sounds dumb, really kind of makes sense.

By the way, they won't get a 4D. They don't have the space for something like that and who knows how reliable it would be.

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

Message updated 4/20/2006 1:27:44 PM by Hercules
no cars go

4/20/2006 4:08:16 PM
About the wave pool... I bet a lot of you already know this but... When I was down at the Hotel Bethlehem on Sunday I picked up a Dorney Park brochure (there were SO many brochures there for my collection, but not enough time). The brochure said that the addition of this wave pool would make Dorney one of the only parks in the country to offer "a double dose" of wave pools. And the good news is... I may be coming to Dorney Park this summer for the 1st time! That would be my 3rd new park this season!

And yeah, you're right about the 4D thing, just look at X!

SBNO from 6/2002 to 8/12/2002

--------------------
If I could open my arms and span the length of the isle of Manhattan
I'd bring it to where you are making a lake of the East River and Hudson
If I could open my arms wide enough for a marching band to march out
They would make your name sing and bend through alleys and bounce off all the buildings

www.freewebs.com/kennywoodpark
Message updated 4/20/2006 4:11:17 PM by no cars go
Hercules

4/21/2006 1:41:13 AM
I'm not really sure if having two waves pools is really that great of a claim to fame. I would definately call that some cheesy marketing
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics