Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 2 ] [ 1 ] 2 
Author Geauga Lake
coasterwom

3/24/2006 5:50:19 AM
Is Geauga Lake in financial problems? They are closing in September this year and not having Halloween activities and they are lowering prices? Will they be moving the coasters to the other side of park soon? There's hardly anything left on the ride side. They didn't add all the slides like they had originally planned this year. When will they be adding a new hyper coaster?
mrceagle

3/25/2006 3:01:08 PM
From what I have heard. No the park is not in Financial hardship. Neither is Ceder Fair.

CF is lower ing Prices because they are attempting to draw in more guests by offerign a better value then the compitition (SFI, Paramount, Disney). They have droped Prices at many of there parks.

I think the Halloween event cancelation is more to not compete with CP's event then anything else. Why have two large events going at the sme time?

Tehy are workign on everyaspect of the park. eventualy you will see more development. this year they ar adding a huge wave pool to the waterpark and Improving the shows, Which from the look of things was much needed.

What do you mean there is nothign left on the ride side? given there is what 14 ocaster on top of the Flats and other atractions.

Slides will likely come in the future and A hyper will come after they get the park were they want it. Right now they are haveing a bit of trouble adjusting away from the SFI immage. also the park used to get visiters of the season pass that lived a bit away they are not geting.
coaster05

3/25/2006 3:56:48 PM
Their Halloween event was empty pretty much last year so that may actually be financial.

Coasterwom what are you talking about with the ride side. they moved the slides and a few flats around so what are you talking about.
sfo1

3/25/2006 11:18:57 PM
You're right on the ball, mrceagle, provided there are only 10 coasters.

14 would be nice, though.
mrceagle

3/26/2006 3:52:14 PM
OK ten Thats still a very large number and your solection within those 10 coasters are aslo fantastic.
taylorb251

3/27/2006 9:20:45 AM
I was at their halloween event last year it was totally great because there was no body their. I agree with coaster05 that its financial for the halloween event not going on this year.
mrceagle

3/27/2006 10:33:11 PM
I guess you backed allot up No one was there. So financial view is only a small aspect. Not getign enough peopel to suprt keeping it is a larger part.
coaster05

3/28/2006 6:24:47 AM
Isn't that saying the same thing. If not enough people support it then financially it is not doing well. What is the difference?
mrceagle

3/28/2006 12:30:19 PM
A park or any company can do somthing that is Financially sound. like an event in which they own all the sets for and only need to pay employees.

In this case it's notthe lake of money. the chain has the money. But they aren't geting the attendance to suport the event.

Yes money wise its not a good idea to keep it going because you won't get your investment back. but, The Financise are there if they wanted to keep it runing.
coaster05

3/28/2006 1:32:15 PM
So your business idea is to keep an event going even if it is losing money, just because the chain as a whole has the money.

Brilliant
larrygator

3/29/2006 12:05:04 AM
As a shareholder with 100 shares of Cedar Fair stock I don't want them wasting money.
coaster05

3/29/2006 7:29:11 PM
Wow where did you get the parking lot info from. Maybe when you were arguing with us about the increase in parking fees at Great Escape.

The event was not popular since there was almost noone in the park. Then a park without a crowd has trouble making money. What the #$ck is the problem in not seeing how these two are related.
larrygator

3/30/2006 12:03:07 AM
Quote:
mrceagle said:
When I think of Finacial aspect of an attraction or event An event can be populare but The company holdign it may not have the money to run it. thats seems what Coasterwom was refering to when finacis cam up. At lease thats what crossed my mind.

Yes it's dumb to keep somthing going if it isn't drawing the crowds needed to keep th eevent runing. But the main facter here is attendance. it's a buisness Finacis are worked into everything including the pavment in the parking lot.

give me a couple of days to decipher your comments and I'll respond!

--------------------
My signature has been hijacked!

Poop happens! That's why man invented toilet paper.
mrceagle

3/30/2006 12:49:50 PM
Quote:
coaster05 said:
Wow where did you get the parking lot info from. Maybe when you were arguing with us about the increase in parking fees at Great Escape.

The event was not popular since there was almost noone in the park. Then a park without a crowd has trouble making money. What the #$ck is the problem in not seeing how these two are related.

I din't say they wern't related. but The lake of peaple seemed liek the altimate desiding factore.

as far as teh parking lot I wan't a visual example and yes you have thrown it out many times.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
coaster05

3/30/2006 3:04:35 PM
If there was a lake full of people it would have been succesful.

No People equals NO Money. Money is the deciding factor. If they could make money with no people they would still be doing it.

coaster05

3/30/2006 11:26:15 PM
OMG you are F#$%ing clueless. The deciding factor is it could not make money cause noone was there.

BTW you made 12 errors out of 36 possibilities. So 33% of your post is a mistake. Gee I wonder why you have trouble convincing people you know what you are talking about, when you can't even get 75% of your post right. Trying to improve my butt.

BTW my post may have one error but that is all since I gave ever other member the common courtesy of proofreading what I wrote. If it is worth typing it should be worth other people understanding it.
BobFunland

3/31/2006 10:55:13 AM
I've been wondering just how long it will be until the park is closed and the rides are divested or relocated to other CF parks (they could easily ship off 2 coasters to The Point to reclaim the record.. say the Flyer and the Boomerang, but would they WANT those sorts of coasters at The Point?)

This would be the important year, IMO. Last year they dumped gate prices and still couldn't pull in anywhere near where they should be (IMHO a metopolitan park shouldn't be below 1 mil)

Quote:
So your business idea is to keep an event going even if it is losing money, just because the chain as a whole has the money.

Brilliant

Uh oh a few posts just got deleted because I had no freakin clue what they were saying, it looked like spam to me

--------------------
Google Search TPC BEFORE you create that new thread
coaster05

4/2/2006 7:05:55 PM
That is funny that you deleted posts but now it looks like I am blasting my own post for spelling errors.
coasterwom

4/6/2006 6:12:08 AM
I feel they are making a mistake by cancelling the Halloween events because they are shortening the season to only 4 months. Last year the park was pretty busy on Friday/Saturday nights when I went for the Halloween events. What I meant about the ride side of the park is they are moving all the water stuff and not putting anything over on the ride side to replace the attractions. Why get rid of Mr. Hyde's Nasty Falls when the ride is paid for and not put another ride in to replace it. This sounds pretty strange to me from an enthusiast point of view.
coaster05

4/6/2006 10:48:41 AM
^ they could easily be leaving that area of the park open for a last ditch amusement expansion. Maybe a brand new coaster(hyper or giga) as one final push to see if the park can get back its crowd. I am baffled as to why noone goes there, but I bet SFI is laughing hard.
mrceagle

4/6/2006 12:49:09 PM
I don’t think you could install a hyper or giga were hyde’s was. Not without using some of the parking lot. But in that case why not install it past it. I think they will likely rehab that entire area. The park could use a upper end family coaster. They have a great thrill coaster selection and a small family coaster and that’s looks to be about it. Not including woods. by taking the ride out that entire area could be reworked. There looks to be a reasonable amount of land around it and past it.
coaster05

4/6/2006 2:10:42 PM
WTF is an upper end family coaster. The one they have is very good. They moved there entire water park, got rid of hydes and I heard the worlds worst monorail is leaving the area so hence my comment about a hyper, I am smart enough to realize a whole coaster can't fit in mr hydes footprint.
mrceagle

4/7/2006 6:50:07 PM
What I mean by an upper end family coaster. Would be something like pandemonium at SFNE or an inverted Family Vekoma. A coaster that offers slightly higher thrills but is still appropriate for younger rides. From the looks of the coaster line up they don’t have anything like that. Tough I think a Hyper would be a good move sometime in the future given the two other parks in the area have Hypers. Though I think they might want to get there attendance and popularity up before investing tens of millions of dollars in a coaster of that magnitude.

As far as space in that area I only know it from satellite shots and Park photos. I might be underestimating the space available.
no cars go

4/8/2006 12:07:31 AM
Quote:
BobFunland said:
I've been wondering just how long it will be until the park is closed and the rides are divested or relocated to other CF parks (they could easily ship off 2 coasters to The Point to reclaim the record.. say the Flyer and the Boomerang, but would they WANT those sorts of coasters at The Point?)

Cedar Point would probably want X-Flight because they don't have a flying coaster yet. Weird how Geauga, a smaller park than Cedar Point has a flying coaster yet the Point still doesn't have one.

--------------------
If I could open my arms and span the length of the isle of Manhattan
I'd bring it to where you are making a lake of the East River and Hudson
If I could open my arms wide enough for a marching band to march out
They would make your name sing and bend through alleys and bounce off all the buildings

www.freewebs.com/kennywoodpark
coaster05

4/8/2006 9:33:16 AM
The flying coaster at Geuga sucks hard and is a capacity nightmare. The woodies definately need saved from that park and Dominator for sure.
mrceagle

4/8/2006 9:27:41 PM
Well the wood coasters are getting work done. I know some work was done last year. I’m not a fan of Vekoma and have ridden a number of there production models so I can imagine how bad there Lay down coasters are.
larrygator

4/9/2006 10:27:03 PM
X-Flight is not so much a painful coaster it is just not very thrilling. I'm just know no longer a fan of flying coasters. I think Tatsu will be the last flyer built in the US for same time (not including those even worse Volare models)
mrceagle

4/9/2006 10:53:40 PM
The flyer is an interesting Style of coaster. And look what they did with a very short lift with Air. If B&M could get the cost down they could get a number of installations at smaller parks with less room. I think Ceder Fair will add them. But given there currant higher price I don’t see many of them being built. It’s why you see so many SLC’s over B&M inverteds.
coasterwom

4/14/2006 12:35:56 AM
I hope that they save the coasters if they do close the park. All the coasters at this park are good IMO. I especially like Dominator and X-Flight. I like the park I just wish they would add a hyper coaster. Maybe this would draw more people to the park.
mrceagle

4/14/2006 11:04:29 PM
I'm Sure Ceder Fair would Shift the coasters to there parks.
Page [ 1 of 2 ] [ 1 ] 2 
Clicky Web Analytics