Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Nor Easter 2006, NE news
mrceagle

3/22/2006 7:00:53 PM
Since this is a Nor Easter event Travel time and all that isn’t that important so I’ll skip to the good stuff.

Nor Easter was held in Natick, MA this year. The town is quite nice with a great downtown. Every building in the area was well kept and even the new building (fire, police, Library and City hall) all fit in with the old Churches and other building.

We had midway games this year like Fishing Hole, Basketball shoot, Target shooting, etc. They brought back coaster Jeopardy. There was food and plenty of time to talk.

The big park of Nor Easter is to find out what all the parks area doing in the NE area. SFNE was the only park to send reps but Jerry Brick had informed up in advance and sent a quick update.

SFNE – Well new management begets new changes. Our local SFNE is no exceptions. Much of there time was confirming a lot of news that has been online for a while. The park will be celebrating 45 years of SFI (right out of the Disney handbook). With this celebration you will be seeing many new things including the Brunch with Bugs character meal and similar deal with Scooby Doo.

They will be adding a parenting area in the location of the lockers/bathrooms by the Tornado slide. They will be the first park to get it and be a trial park. Another such starter project is the Justice Lounge, a meat and great area located in the former sight of Joker’s wildcard. They will have a Paintball (target game) game set up in the old Crack Axle Arcade. There will be some internal Improvements like Flower gardens (landscaping) to celebrate the 45th anniversary and an added ramp to the back area of North end. Cyclone will also get painted and its queue reworked. The coaster will not switch loading and unloading sides.

While they are adding catapult (Swat) and Splash Water Falls (Diablo Falls) they will also be removing a number of attractions. The Rock wall, Colossus (ferries wheel), Joker’s Wildcard (indoor whip out), and I forgot to ask but fallowing SFI trends Chaos. So were looking at 4-5 attractions out

Also the Season parking pass will change. We all know prices have increased to $15.00 for a single day or $50.00 for a season parking pass. But they have done away with The Visor passes. They will be switching to Stickers. I assume this is to prevent people from handing off parking passes like so many of us have done in the past.

I do want to thank the 3 Managers from SFNE for coming to the event.

Funtown - A member came up and gave us a general update on Funtown Splashtown USA. Over all there wasn’t much to talk about. The park is still looking into an expansion that will take the place of the mini golf course. They might start this for this year but no direct word was given. There are no rumors as far as any ride additions for the dry park. Though, I would imagine if York’s Dose shut down its ride side that some of the flats like the round up might find there way to the park.

After this I got up and presented on behalf of the NH parks.

Santa’s Village - on top of a continued effort on internal improvements the park will be Refurbing and extending there antique Car ride. The park has also added Reindeer games to the park. The games will be located in the Reindeer Rendezvous Barn and consist of two games. The games are Pin the tail on the Reindeer and ring toss, were you will try and get the ring on the antlers. Given that Reindeer naturally shed there antlers you will likely find them using real antlers. Prices for Single day admission will go up this year. The new prices are 21.50 for a single day and children 3 and under are Santa’s Guest and enter free. Parking is free!

Story Land – The park will be going simple but will still add a ride for the 2006 season. The park will install the Flying Skooters from Whalom this year. The ride was refurbished with Larson parts and will be instilled in parks Sea Shore area of the park. The ride has been completely painted with Colorful Tropical fish and wil
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics