Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Funworld Game Center TR Nashua, NH
mrceagle

1/23/2006 12:48:09 AM
Well ACE opted with a new Group of Enthusiast from VT to have an unofficial event at Funworld. I figured this would be a good excuse to bring my friend’s son Austin to Funword. Get him on the Rides and spend the day with him. Austin’s 3 so he hasn’t been on many rides.

We got there are noon and myself, my Friend Tammie and Austin grabbed a 10 ride band Plus Play area for $20.00 dollars. I didn’t need to buy one since he was less than 42 inches and needed an adult to ride with him. We maid our way up to the second Floor and to the back room were the coaster is located. Many of the Acers were already on the coaster. We got a quick photo and Austin and I hopped on The coaster.

The coaster at Funworld is a Wisdom Dragon coaster is slightly costumed to fit in the room with a highly banked turn at the top of the lift hill. They ran it through 5 times and the ride was reasonably smooth. I found in enjoyable and a nice winter coaster fix but nothing fantastic. Austin had a good time and even put his hands up a bit. I think we have a future Coaster Enthusiast here. He wasn’t too comfortable at the top of the lift hill.

Next we walked to the Himalaya. It’s located right next to the coaster in the same room. It’s also a wisdom ride and fits well into the room.

The ride was OK. Fast two fast for Austin’s taste, he Cried a bit towards the end but maid it through OK. The coaster moves quickly and throws you a bit on the hills which are very close together and haven’t any time to adjust form one hill to the next. They run a very long cycle and in both directions.

From there we checked out the Kiddie section, coin ops and games easy for a smaller child to use. A few of theme were expensive coasting 2 tokens. Austin road a few while we waited for lunch to come out. Hotdogs (1.50) and we ate looking out at the run down go cart track. When we finished eating he hit a few more Kiddie coin ops and we went up stairs to the carousel

This is a beautiful 2 story Preston Barbiri carousel. It has horses that stand, Rock and Jump. There are also Tea cups that you can spin, Chariots that rock, Benches, and swings. The floor is wood and there is a recorded band organ being played through a speaker in the carousel. It sound was very natural and added allot to its charm. Austin Road one of the Rocking Horses first and had a good time but the horse didn’t rock that good. On our second ride we went up to the second Floor and road together on one of the swinging benches.

Austin then wanted to try out the play area so we went over there. I planed to drop them of and hit a couple things Austin couldn’t do and try to will some tickets so he could get a prize.

The play area is a 3 story play area think McDonalds Play place mete the Sears Tower. There’s a ball pit, things to climb on, jump on and slide down. There is also a 110 ft slide that goes from the top of the structure to the bottom.

Well while he did that and his mother watched him I hit the Tri tech Simulator $2.00 for 2 people to ride but I couldn’t get anyone else to do it. It had 8 video options and I chose haunted Mine. The video was good and so was the sound and music for the video but the simulator was a disappointment the movement was off in places and the movement was very limited. Waist of 2 bucks!

Not as much of a waist as 3 bucks of DDR for my Friend Tammie. I think she buys her shoes in left pars. We I had returned with a fist full of tickets I only played a few redemption games: Skeet ball, a quick shooter game, and those lucky shots. Even in you miss you get one ticket. But I was good at the 15 and 25 ticket shots. We spent allot of time playing redemption games and blue $25.00 in tokens. We ended up with 385 tickets and Austin picked out a few things including small Scooby Doo his favorite character.

Austin and I had maid our second ride on the carousel at this time. He was getting tired and we needed to get him home. We had only been on 4 rides so I<
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics