Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author A WILD day
BobFunland

1/14/2006 4:25:41 AM
The title has a double meaning, and you will see why.
I've been mulling over the idea of getting a season pass for Wild Adventures so I can visit it as well as Cypress Gardens. Well, I had a free day and decided to jet down to Valdosta to process my pass and get some rides in... after all, its been an entire MONTH since I last rode something.

I'll do this one in journal form since I think it fits best to see how my day went

5:00 AM - I just finished preparing my stuff to head to WA. I have my camera, my online voucher and that's about all. I usually go to bed around 3am. I planned on leaving around 5 to beat the rush hour traffic, so with such an interval I decided to just stay up all night.
5:15 AM - three miles from home, I realized I had forgotten my wallet. U-turn.
5:20 AM - a stop at the QT near the I-20 exit in Vila Rica. Fill up the tank, get a drink and brekfast sandwich.
5:30 AM - on I-20 heading east.
6:00 AM - finally get to see the Goliath helix in person, and boy is it big!
7:30 AM - stop in Macon, GA hoping to pick up a copy of the Atlanta Journal Constitution since it was supposed to have a photo of Goliath. No luck at this gas station.
8:something AM - ponder a wild idea
9:30 AM - arrive at the gates of Wild Adventures. I am the very first car in the parking lot.
9:45 AM - waiting to get into the park

10:00 AM - I entered the park. I wanted to do the mouse first due to capacity, but that wasnt much of an issue anyhow. Finding its entrance, however, was. I kept walking.

I saw the boomerang but it ended up being down for "off-season" work.

Kept on heading back, and liked this shot.

That's what it looks like when you build a park on a swamp. Anyways, on to Cheetah. I was the only person to ride, so I took the front row. The ride wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Decent air here and there but it does jackhammer quite a bit.

From there, over to Hangman, the SLC. OH my goodness, it was smoooooth and FUN! Again, I rode alone in the front. The only thing that detracted from the ride to me (don't know for sure if its true since I'm not an SCL expert) is that it seemed to have even more uncomfortable restraints than the other two I have ridden. Almost like there was an extra pas somwehere.

I kept walking around and ended up riding Gold Rush, a kiddie coaster. A nice jolt of air at the end, and two laps, so it wasn't terribly pathetic...

I took a ride on their Screamin' Swing. I liked the location near the water even though it didn't come into play. The ride was fun but the cycle was weak. One full-sized swing

Decided to ride the Jr. SLC next... this one was glass smooth to me, unlike the Carowinds one which rocked a little. A decent little coaster.

Kept walking around... noticed one of the other kiddies was closed. I finally found the entrance to Bug Out, the mouse, so I rode. Typical mouse, my first Maurer.

Next to it was Ant Farm Express, another kiddie Vekoma with 2 laps. OK ride, nothing to special as expected.

10:55 AM - now with 6 coasters and one flat ride down, time to make a decision. Stay, get some rerides and maybe check out some of the other flats. Or two, play my wild idea. With no other flats interesting me and the guarantee that I can come back with a pass (on a day when everything is open), I decided to go with my wind idea.

11:00 AM - I exited Wild Adventures and hopped back in the car. Once I got to I-75, I went south.

12:45 PM - Stop in Gaines
Message updated 5/11/2012 12:20:03 AM by BobFunland
coaster05

1/14/2006 9:28:11 AM
Man waht a great day. Off season is one of the only times I am jealous of people in the south.
larrygator

1/14/2006 3:02:41 PM
I thought you wold idea was going to be to go to Cypress Gardens the same day.

Ahh, it's good to be young and live on only a couple of hours sleep.
coaster05

1/14/2006 3:52:19 PM
Sounds like Bob/Joe could wear us out in England since us old timers may need a nap.
mrceagle

1/14/2006 11:16:22 PM
What are you talking about I live in New Hampshire and I road a coaster and two other rides today.

Nice trip report. quite eventfull. I'm a little suprised whaen it started raining you didn't hit one of the indoor atracions. But given your lake of sleep I can see why you wanted to leave.
larrygator

1/14/2006 11:41:33 PM
he's talking about real coasters, not that kiddie crap you ride in your neck of the woods
BobFunland

1/15/2006 12:56:32 AM
Rich - I'm not so concerned about you as Larry. He's getting up there! How long 'till you are 40??

Cypress was certainly considered. Problem was that I didn't know where it was and since WA closed at 7 yesterday I figured Cypress probably closed early too.

Well, it started raining with about an hour until the park closed. Knowing that I will be back, I decided to leave and not get even more soaked than I already was from Journey. I'll probably go back, spend the entire day and do everything when I can bring my girlfriend because she will love it.

For the record I'm tired as hell. I think its time for bed
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
1/15/2006 8:55:49 AM
Just wanted to say that that Star Flyer looks like something inspired by some kind of kooky nightmare - right up my alley. A Flying Scooter-esque experience at those heights? Wowza.
BobFunland

1/15/2006 12:02:16 PM
It was cool to watch the empty seats while riding. Some of them got some borderline snaps in
Swimace

1/16/2006 8:19:18 PM
Quote:
BobFunland said:
12:45 PM - Stop in Gainesville Florida for lunch at Whataburger. It's pretty much a tradition at this point. Gainesville is busy since its the lunch hour.

Hooray! That's where I live....

...Sorry, I'm really tired and kinda random

--------------------
"The Beverly Effect"

-Only at EPCOT-

"With a name like Swimace, it has to be good"
mrceagle

1/17/2006 1:13:36 AM
Quote:
larrygator said:
he's talking about real coasters, not that kiddie crap you ride in your neck of the woods

needless to say I wan't making the statment towards you. Ya as far as indoor coaster NH has a family coaster. But New England also has Boulderdash, Superman, batman, Cannonball, and much more. So this neck of the woods isn't doing too bad.

I was a large trip and I can see why you left early. The star Flyer dose look like an interesting ride. I hope you have more time to explore Sea world on there next visit it looks like a good park.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
BobFunland

1/17/2006 3:25:52 PM
LOL Swimace

I believe this is what was percieved:

MRC says: "big deal, I got to ride a coaster last week too"
Larry says: "yes but these are full-size coasters that he was able to ride, not a small Wisdom coaster"

You can't ride Superman and Boulder Dash in the winter

Yes, I will eventually spend an entire day at Sea World, it looks great.
mrceagle

1/19/2006 8:53:46 AM
Wouldn't stop me from doing it if they gave me the option. but your day trip could be aweekend trip with a small flight for many other peaple. it's not like you roting away if you live out of the south.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics