Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Santa’s Village Jefferson, NH TR
mrceagle

12/16/2005 12:09:27 PM
The original plan was to bring my niece and my brother’s friend along with her Nieces form London. Well because of last Fridays snow storm her Nieces weren’t able to come. Well my parents scheduled a birthday party for my niece but for my sister in lays side of the family. So it ended up just me and my brother.

Well we got a late start and with a travel time of just over 2 hours to get to Jefferson NH form Brookline NH we didn’t get to the park till almost noon. Well the park was open till 7:00 so we had plenty of time to hit all the open rides and the shows. Now it was around 30 degrees and the skies were clear. It felt a bit weird since every other time I had done this winter event it was snowing. But we got our tickets, $19.50, and went in. Right off the bad I saw that the park had built a carousel house around there carousel. They had just moved the carousel to that location at the beginning of the year. I also noticed they had stained the Newly Constructed Covered Bridges. Well the lights were out and the park paths were clear and deiced, so we maid our way back to our fist ride. The park was very busy and we expected long lines.

We hit the S.S. Peppermint twist, the parks Rockn’ Tug, first and talked to Dave an ACE member that works at the park. We got a ride in and walked up to the Reindeer Rondavue to see how it was coming along since spring. They added employees that sold wafers, 3 for $1.00, that you could feed the Reindeer. The Sleigh still hasn’t been finished for the barn. But Norman and Lucile, the park two newest reindeer, have gotten big since spring.

After we left the barn we maid our way around the park and hitting the rides as we went along. The parks Skyway Sleigh ride was being repainted and the Sleighs themselves were already painted and decaled so they looked fantastic. Good move given this is the only ride with an on ride photo. We hit the Bumper cars. The floor had collected allot of moisture and the wheels of the cars spun so you didn’t move much or get up any speed. There is a divider on this ride but it’s so thin you hardly notice. We walked over the Polar Theater, Nicknamed the Ice burg, to worm up. First thing I noticed when we walked in was that the play area was changed the Ball Play Structure that was up by the coaster has been reinstalled indoors. We used our time worming up to get a list of the shows and show times.

The park had three shows going on during the winter season: Christmas Magic, A Tinkerdoodle Christmas, and Carolers.

Christmas Magic was the new show and we say that twice during the day. It had a reasonably good story line and consisted of a mix of old and new Christmas songs. The performers were very good but the sound system really should be updated.

A Tinkerdoodle Christmas, the parks 3D show, proved the hardest to get in and see. We attempted to get in to two earlier show and they had filed the stadium. We were able to catch the very last showing at 6:00 at night and we came early to find an already long line of people trying to get in. But we got in. they started the show right up with no intro show with a costumed Tinkerdoodle and Stumpy (Animatronic Christmas tree). That did take a bit away from the show since the show is somewhat short.

The caroling is done at the entrance just prier to opening, we missed this one, and at 2:30 at the reindeer barn. The show was with the same performed from the Christmas Magic show and was a pleasant event. We talked to the performers while they walked back to the Polar Theater. One of the performers mentioned that she had just finished doing Chicago in Manchester.

We hit a few more rides before we ate. The Car ride I maid shore I road. They will be doing work on it next year and might extend the layout. I wanted to get a feel for it so I could Comment on the refurb when I visit next year. The coaster was covered in snow and not covered. I guess they were hoping to operate it this Christmas season. I<
Canobie Coaster

12/16/2005 8:48:02 PM
Very nice trip report! You must really love their Rocking Tug. Is this the only one you've been on?
mrceagle

12/17/2005 9:57:15 PM
Yes this is the only Rockn' Tug I have been on. I hope to get on more but not many park shave them yet. I don't tend to ride it as moch in the summer but in the winter you can't ride the coaster a couple dozen times or the Flume. So In the winter there isn't as much to do. the first time I went in the winter I road this 55 times in one day. It's really all I did. I had spent the last coupel hour os the day that trip Ridign the Rockn' Tug and the Dark ride.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics