Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author If You Could Change Any Roller Coasters...
Canobie Coaster

11/1/2005 5:22:00 PM
If you could change any roller coasters you have ridden which ones would they be, and what would you do? Try to even change your favorites!
Message updated 11/1/2005 5:39:09 PM by Canobie Coaster
Canobie Coaster

11/1/2005 5:38:05 PM
Wooden Coasters

1) The Phoenix (Knoebels)- This is by far the best coaster I have ridden. If I were to change it, I would add one or two quick, sudden drops in the pitch black tunnel at the beginning, with one or two air-time hills in it.

2) The Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake Park)- This is my second favorite ride, and is spectacular. If I were to change it, I would increase it's terrible capacity so that it could run two trains. To do that they could increase the station, or add block breaks. Another idea is making a longer train, with at least 30 seats.

3) Comet (The Great Escape)- There aren't many things to improve, but I'd say making the ride load quicker would be the main one.

4) Lightning Racer (Hersheypark)- Lightning Racer is very thorough, but I would want tons of air time to be added.

5) Comet (Hersheypark)- The Comet has the best beginning of any coaster, but the finale needs plenty of air-time.

6) Excalibur (Funtown U.S.A.)- Excalibur's beginning is awesome, but the helix finale is poor. They should destroy the helix, and add many air-time producing bunny hills.

Steel Coasters
1) The Great Bear (Hersheypark)- The Great Bear can be dull in spots because of tons of flat track. They should put something else there, like extra hills or inversions.
Message updated 11/1/2005 5:58:28 PM by Canobie Coaster
primogen18

11/2/2005 9:58:13 PM
can I say Id make all rough arrow and vekomas smooth as silk? (I like them and arent really hurt/effected by them but I wouldn't mind them being perfect. Also, I would change Hydra and make it not bumpy/rough. Thats so far the only coaster to every actually hurt me (rubs ears remembering pain) and its a B&M...
hrrytraver

11/3/2005 9:20:22 AM
i can't help but wonder how much better the air would be on thunderbolt if they removed the trim before it dives back into the ravine. with a little more speed the last turnaround would be a cruncher too...

i agree the hershey comet would go from good to great ride if the second turnaround wasn't trimmed. those final hops are definitely airtime masters waiting for a nice brisk train to come along and wail...

i am with many others too who think volcano the blstcstr could use a little something more. frankly, i think they ran out of money, so that's why we get the sort of "pruned" ride we get.

generally speaking i wish GCII didn't use the ratcheting bar in the millennium flyers which ratchets inevitably all the way down onto your bladder. with all of the seat padding i feel like i'm being smooshed into a marshmellow. secondly their rides (i withhold full judgement to if/when i try thunderhead) only hint at airtime. there's some, but not the snappy kind i crave.
larrygator

11/3/2005 12:09:14 PM
return the SFNE Cyclone to its Riverside glory days!
mrceagle

11/3/2005 3:18:53 PM
I Second Larry and his Cyclone plan.

Also with Excaliber at Funtown I woudl do two things. lowe rthe track on the intire back haf to increase its speed. turn the brake run at the end into a switch station and add another train. not to needed most days but when there buisy and as they grow they will need it.

Cannanball needs a second train or at least a longer train. the capacity is low right now and park attendance too high. not a good mix.

Rolling thunder: this coaster needs to be completly retracked and smoothed out. its a terable ride right now.

Smooth out all arrow coasters.
hrrytraver

11/3/2005 3:37:34 PM
larry and ceagle_
did you guys catch the riverside cyclone as it was in it's pristine state? man, i really wanted to try that one back in the day. bill cobb's designs are really cool.
Canobie Coaster

11/3/2005 4:53:53 PM
After reading many Raven reviews, everyone said the ride was way too short. Maybe if they made it even longer...
larrygator

11/3/2005 6:46:06 PM
Quote:
hrrytraver said:
larry and ceagle_
did you guys catch the riverside cyclone as it was in it's pristine state? man, i really wanted to try that one back in the day. bill cobb's designs are really cool.

I rode it back in 90 or 91, I can't remember the exact year, but it still had the sign proclaiming it ACE's #1 coaster.

I was really not into amusement parks and coasters like I am now but the ride was on par with the Coney Island Cyclone in my book (Although ACErs felt differently)

--------------------
Mom always said, "Don't play ball in the house".
RCGenius

11/5/2005 7:14:58 AM
Millennium Force - Get rid of the excessive flat track & put in more airtime hills since there are only 4 of them.

Top Thrill Dragster - Add more to the layout than just the 420 ft. tophat by adding in another airtime hill like Kingda Ka. Also, MAKE IT MORE RELIABLE!!! At least as reliable as Hersheypark's Storm Runner.

Mantis - Get rid of the part of the restraints that holds your butt up & it'll be a way better ride.

Great Bear - Make the layout more longer than it is now. I'd put in a cobra roll, another corkscrew, & a double helix at the end.

Comet (HP) - Just get rid of the trim brakes on the 2nd turnaround & watch as how it'll give Pheonix some great competition for an airtime machine woody.

Storm Runner - Make the layout longer by adding in more airtime hills b/c its inversions are solid.

SheiKra - Add more elements to the layout as it's just way too short. Put in more airtime hills & it'd be a beast to be reckoned with.

Incredible Hulk - Make the 2nd half of IH just as good as the first half by putting in at least 2 more inversions since there's only a corkscrew after the mid-course brakes.

Dueling Dragons (Ice) - Replace the banked turn after the first drop w/an inversion like Fire & make it w/a lot of sheer intensity as Fire & it'd be hard to decide which Dragon's better.

Revenge of the Mummy (USF) - make the layout longer & try to squeeze in a vertical loop through the course.

Phantom's Revenge - Make the layout longer by adding in more ravine drops & a double helix after the camelback humps towards the end.
mrceagle

11/8/2005 3:49:53 PM
Quote:
hrrytraver said:
larry and ceagle_

I did a few times. jsut before they changed it. but an even better run was back in the 90's when it had it's origanal layout and the Morgan Articulated trains.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
AmsmtPk

11/13/2005 1:01:41 PM
I rode Magic Mountains Colossus when it was new and after they smoothed out the tracks and BEFORE they removed the large bunny hop on the back side and replaced it with a flat straight track with a breaking system on it. (YUCK) I would return the track back to the way it was in the beginning.
AmsmtPk

11/13/2005 1:06:08 PM
I rode Magic Mountains Colossus when it was new and after they smoothed out the tracks and BEFORE they removed the large bunny hop on the back side and replaced it with a flat straight track with a breaking system on it. (YUCK) I would return the track back to the way it was in the beginning.
mrceagle

11/13/2005 6:57:44 PM
I have a freind that used to live in CA I think she would agree fully. when I told her they did that whe wasn't too happy.
mrceagle

11/17/2005 1:00:38 AM
Roght now the Hulk needs its own Power stationto operate. To make it Higher and faster you would need even more generaters and THe operational coaster woudl be through the roof
coasterwom

4/26/2006 12:58:43 AM
If I could change my favorite steel coaster MF I would add a few more hills for airtime. I also would add a few more tunnels to the Beast, my favorite wooden coaster.
Animan1

4/26/2006 10:14:52 AM
Quote:
coasterwom said:
If I could change my favorite steel coaster MF I would add a few more hills for airtime.

...This from the same member who said that MF already has more air than Apollo's.
Hercules

4/26/2006 1:00:48 PM
Can I be the first one to say that this is getting REALLY annoying?
Animan1

4/26/2006 7:22:47 PM
Yes, and I will back you up as #2, captain.

Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics