Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie Closing day TR
mrceagle

9/30/2005 5:26:10 PM
I went to the park with my brother and his friend. I had lucked out that weekend. I though I had lost my last two tickets but found them just the day before we went. We expected it to be worm and like most September days at Canobie only mild crowds.

We got to the park at 11:00 and the parking lot was pretty full. Allot more then we expected. We did have to buy one ticket. Still full price at $26.00 despite the fact that many things like shows weren’t operating. We entered and the park was farley packed. Turns out that Ratheon has had to cancel there original picnic and was making it up today. So we opted to go straight to riding rides so we could hit as much a possible today.

We walked aver to the Skater. We got on in about 10 minutes and guess what it brakes down. It took them about 5 minutes to get some one out to let up out. No wonder they are returning this to Zamperla instead of buying it.

We walked over to the cannonball and got in line. The line moved fast but we witnessed an argument with a group of people. The kids though it was fine to cut line and the guy was going to have nothing to do about it. He had a manger called and the kid got in the back but the guy just wouldn’t let in go and kept threatening to have the kids ahead of us thrown out of the park if they keep complaining about it. I played both sides and calmed him down and later them.

We walked around the park all morning hitting rides they were running good teams and despite the crowds we didn’t wait any more then 25 minutes for any ride. By afternoon we had hit most of the ride.

We skipped Boston Tea party which was running and actually had a few totally insane people riding it or standing on the side. But the other rides were open and running well. Other then skater braking down all the rides were operating and even skater was back up and running in dew time.

I even road the Sky ride and tea cups which I hadn’t ridden in a while. The only ride I planed to ride and didn’t was the Corkscrew because no one else in my group wanted to ride.

We talked to one of the owners and at closing Greg marrow the games manager. Seems allot of projects need to be done this off season so chances are no new ride for 2006. but the park will update the sewer system and the cannonball will get paint, or at least the turn will.

The only bad park of the day has to do with the food. Sedexco is the vender at Canobie and they more then dropped the ball. We went to Sons of Liberty in Boston and they had only Appetizers, we then walked to the Warf since one in the group is a vegetarian and work in any meat other then fish. I don’t eat fish so I ordered Chicken, Out of chicken we left and walked to the trellis, nasty food at too high a price so we ultimately left and got pizza at the pizzeria. Good pizza not bas like 16 buck for the three of use to eat and have a drink.

We talked to many people in the after none after that and hit a few more ride. We missed last ride on anything because of it but there’s always next year. The park was clean and the ride ops did very well.

Over all it was a good day if it weren’t for the food thing it would have been a great day. The park announced it will reopen on April 22, 2006. and I will be there.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics