Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author HELP! Dorney park halloweekends
Lauren5483

9/27/2005 2:33:32 PM
Hi, I'm going to Dorney this Saturday, I was wondering if anyone else went to thier halloweekends last year, how was it? Scary? Especially, how long were the lines? Usually when I go to Dorney in the Summer and I go during the week days the lines are not bad AT ALL. Please help me out!!! Thanks!
Hercules

9/27/2005 2:49:16 PM
Dorney is easy to figure out during Halloweekends. The theming is decent, nothing overwhelming. I have to admit that it is not a top notch Halloween event, but it is fun and very popular with the public. During the day, it is not overly busy especially if the weather is on the colder side or even raining a little. The lines during the day are just like what you would see during the summer weekdays. Actually they range from that to basically none existant. However, on Friday and Saturday nights after the price goes down, the park can get absoultely packed - once again depending on the weather. I experienced a full queue line on Talon last year on a Saturday (luckily I was towards the front and it and watched the line grow). If you are planning on getting to the Fright Zone at night, be sure to make your way over there about 15 or 20 minutes before it opens because the line for it can be very long. It usually branches out towards Dominator (which is a good distance away from the enterance) and is about 4-8 people wide. The three haunted houses are ok. Screamworks is supposed to be the scariest and is located over by Laser. It is freaky, but there are only about 4 people that jump out through the whole thing. Dr. Doom, located in the arcade on the main midway, is a little more tame but is still a little scary - if the cast is on their game. The House on Boo Hill is a kiddie thing that I think is done very well and is kind of fun for everyone.

That is basically it I guess. I don't think there is anything else of relative importance. Hope you have fun.
Lauren5483

9/27/2005 8:53:54 PM
Thanks, I really hope the lines don't get all that bad...
Lauren5483

9/27/2005 10:10:35 PM
Anyone else go to Dorney Halloweekends????? Maybe the lines won't be so bad if I go the first Saturday??...or maybe they'll be worse..:/
Hercules

9/27/2005 10:13:24 PM
It depends. I know I'll be there either this Friday night or Saturday morning, hell maybe both if I feel like it. The people know when it starts and they usually love it.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics