Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Hersheypark in the Dark questions
Hercules

9/19/2005 10:33:54 AM
Hopefully someone can help me out here. I was just wondering how much some of the attractions are at Hershey's Halloween event. I know that it is free admission and that only parking applies, but how much is it normally for rides and such in terms of the pay as you go. Also, what rides are normally open?

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

Cyclonic

9/19/2005 7:21:39 PM
When I visited a few years ago a wristband was under $20, if I remember correctly. Nearly every ride is open, except Wildcat.

--------------------
My Track Record

Penncoasters.com

Coaster Events Page Updated 6/16/05

The Al Franken Show - The worst three hours of radio known to man! Good thing Rush is on at the same time

RCGenius

9/19/2005 8:23:06 PM
Hercules, I'm glad you've asked that question. As you can see, Hersheypark in the Dark's prices go like this:

All of HP's major coasters - 6 tickets (Storm Runner, Lightning Racer, Great Bear, Comet, etc.)

Trailblazer & Wild Mouse - 4 tickets

Most of HP's non-coaster thrill rides - 4 tickets (The Claw, Chaos, etc.)

Family rides (Tilt-a-Whirl, Fender Bender, Frontier Flyers, Ferris Wheel, Music Express, etc.) - usually range from 2-3 tickets

All day wristband's $18.95

Ride tickets are usually $.50 or $.75, w/deals like 14 tickets for $7

Admission's charged for ZooAmerica's Creatures of the Night Halloween event

Operating hrs. are as followed:

Fridays (14th, 21st, & 28th) - 5-11 p.m.

Saturdays (15th, 22nd, & 29th) - 2-11 p.m.

Sundays (16th, 23rd, & 30th) - 2-10 p.m.

Like Cyclonic said, every ride except for Wildcat & the water rides are open. I hope this info. has helped you a little bit. If any of ya'll have any questions about Hersheypark, just holla at me b/c Hersheypark's my home park. Glad to help you & I hope that you'll have a great time. It's a great off season event.
Hercules

9/19/2005 8:37:38 PM
Thanks a lot to both of you. You helped out a lot.

A few more annoying questions... First, why isn't Wildcat open? And two, how busy does it normally get? What kind of shows are there and do you have to pay for them? and lastly... Are most of the restaurants open?

Thanks a lot.
RCGenius

9/20/2005 7:29:20 PM
Hercules, don't worry about the questions that you're asking. They're not annoying at all. Trust me. I've heard & read worst questions. I'll be glad to answer some more of your HP ?'s. Here are your answers as followed:

I can't really tell you why Wildcat's never open during the Hersheypark in the Dark event. HP just doesn't want to run all of their coasters.

It really depends on which days you want to go there. Most days though, Hersheypark really doesn't get that crowded at all. To tell you the truth, even if HP does get a good crowd, the lines will move a lot faster than during the summer season. I highly recommend you to try to go to Hersheypark on a Saturday from 2-11 p.m. straight just so that you can get a lot of rides in during the 8 hrs. & if you're getting the ride all day wristband, it'll really be worth it.

I can't really remember about seeing any shows run during this event b/c I've never really been to one, but I do know that you'll see lots of lil kids running around the park w/cute costumes. Also, there'll be some storytelling & lots of Hershey Candy Characters running around HP wearing black masks & all sorts of other costumes. If there are shows though, I don't think that they'll make you pay for them.

I can't really tell you if most of their restaurants are open during the HP in the Dark event. It usually depends on the crowd capacity in the park & what type of day it'll be. When I was working at Hersheypark on Labor Day, the crowds weren't too bad, but a lot of restaurants were closed that day. I guess the only way this question will be answered is for you to find out yourself if you go.

I also forgot to say that there'll also be some seasonally decorated themed rides there for the time being, but unfortunately, they're mostly for the lil kids. At least you'll have a lot of fun seeing the smiles from all of those lil kids lighting up. I hope that this info. has helped you again & I'll be glad to answer more of your questions about Hersheypark.
Hercules

9/20/2005 8:30:47 PM
Thanks a lot. That helped out. I just wanted to get back to the park because I had such a great time my last visit and I thought that this would be an incredible value. I don't mind not having Halloween rides or haunted housed and such because I'm not into the getting spooked thing so much. I guess I'll just have to find out the restaurant thing... just hoping that Wok n' Roll is open.

Thanks a lot for the information.
Cyclonic

9/20/2005 9:28:28 PM
Wildcat is not open because it takes an extra amount of maintance in the off season. They like to get it started early so they can get to the rest of the coasters when the park fully closes.
Hercules

10/17/2005 12:53:33 PM
Wildcat was open Or, should I say Scardy Cat. SooperBOOperLooper was closed though after some very obvious problems with the ride.

Anyway, I had a pretty good time. I recommend it to anyone. It is a very good value and you can get a lot in during the day. I think the longest line I was in was for Storm Runner and that was about 25 minutes. There were some longer lines, but they were for kid friendly things like Trailblazer and the wild mouse ride. It's a good value
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics