Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Customer Service
Hercules

8/17/2005 3:10:36 PM
After a recent experience with some Great Adventure Guest Relations people (I'll get to it in a second) I was wondering what kind of poor, or even good, experiences people have had with Guest Relations at a park. I know that coaster05 is probably still boiling and might want to get even more off of his chest.

My experience wasn't all that much, but just made me realize how important good customer service is. Being a "business" major, I tend to look at things much more closely. Some might not think this is that big of a deal, but it kind of is. I called up Great Adventure in regards to the seasonpass holder coupon booklet. I got a lady on the phone and asked my question and upon hanging up, I realized that she did not answer my question. So, I called up again and got another lady on the phone. I asked my question and she was confused... "We don't have anymore coupon books." she said in a kind of mean tone. "No, no, I'm already a seasonpass holder and..." "Well, we don't have anymore booklets even if you are one or not." "No, please let me explain." I said in a nice voice. "I don't care if you are a seasonpass holder, we are out of them." she snapped back. "I already have the booklet!" I said slightly annoyed and then I tried to explain the situation so that she could possibly understand. "Well, I don't think so." Wow. How great is that. Good stuff. These people should win awards. "You can call up my supervisor, but he is not in today so you will have to leave a message, but they won't get back to you until tomorrow, if at all." My question was about a trip that I wanted to make the next day, the day that they were supposed to get back to me. They never did. I cancelled the plans anyway because as of now I'm living 3 hours from the park (I can't wait until I get back to school) and it wouldn't have worked out anyway.

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

BobFunland

8/17/2005 3:50:16 PM
That deserves a

I'd have to say that is pretty bad. I haven't had much bad customer service, they are usually about the same to me, except the woman at Visionland was brain-dead about EVERYTHING, but at least she was polite

Wow...
coaster05

8/17/2005 11:34:26 PM
Adventureland in Iowa was fantastic. The friendliest ride ops and the people in the shops were also very helpful and talkative. Plus iut was that good type talkative not the I am reading from the service manuel on customer service type talk. Even the game people were fun with out being pushy. The three retirees on the Sidewinder were hilarious. It was just top notch. I also give huge props to the security at Lake Compounce and the fact that their upper management were all over the park some even sweeping and one guy was running the nut stand. Those are by far my two best.

Most are like Bob and fit nicely in the middle.

Paramount can bite my butt. They explained nothing and never returned an email, but you can bet your sweet rear end at the end of the year they will wonder why I am not renewing my season pass. I just hope then sens a prepaid envelope so I can mail them a picture of my bunny nostril.
Red Rascal

8/18/2005 8:26:39 PM
The friendliest employees I've encountered are at Holiday World. From the enthusiastic Legend and Raven crews, to the efficient cashiers/servers at Kringle's Kafe, to the very friendly clerk where I bought some souvenirs. It clearly shows that Holiday World makes coustomer service one of their top priorities, after safety, of course.

^ Coaster05, I can agree with you about Paramount, Kings Island anyways. Their merchandise manager promised to send me a souvenir map, after they sold all of them out, and still a year later I'm waiting for my map, lol.
coaster05

8/18/2005 10:21:57 PM
It was so packed at HW that I never really got to do much that would lead me to putting them with Adventureland. Heck at Advland the corn dog lady apologized since the corn dogs had to be made fresh so it would take 3 minutes. The bad part it was sooo good that I want a fresh corn dog all the time now.

MMMM meat on a stick.
obi1sgirl

8/20/2005 12:58:17 AM
Quote:
coaster05 said:
MMMM meat on a stick.

I wasn't impressed by the employees at Michigan's Adventure. I saw few smiling, they didn't seem to adhere to a very strict dress code (sweatpants? Hair down and falling into their face when they lean down to check restraints?), and only the operators at Shivering Timbers ever asked if we enjoyed the ride.

I've never had a problem at Cedar Point. The employees look like they're having fun (especially at Magnum, haha), the park is always clean, and they'll actually kick a person out for smoking in line. Last time I was there, I met a Dragster operator named Brad who was probably the single coolest employee there I've ever met. He was joking with the people at the rear of the line for the second train and seemed to be having a good time, even though it was half an hour after the park was supposed to close (Dragster was actually running til about 12:30 on a night the park closed at 11:00). He even explained to us waiting why Dragster kept malfunctioning that day, which was information I'd never heard before. Pretty sweet.

Earlier in the day, the Blue Streak operators were going to let our loaded train go even though thunder pealed just as they finished checking restraints. We'd been waiting for nearly 2 hours at that point due to thunderstorms, and we were SO ready to just go... but then they unloaded us anyway. Better safe than sorry, I guess, but it amused us that they really did almost let us go.
coaster05

8/20/2005 1:03:59 AM
I have been to MIA three times and have always had pretty good luck. the landscaping at MIA is their strongest point IMO.
obi1sgirl

8/20/2005 6:16:46 PM
I wasn't actually very impressed with the landscaping... it's very flat, few trees, lackluster gardens, hanging baskets in the Shivering Timbers loading station that needed to be watered... Maybe they're having an off year? Or maybe they're clearing more space for new attractions. The lake in the middle could use some livening up too. I heard several people talking about how gross it was, and that's probably not good.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics