Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author What Makes an Accurate Coaster Rating?
therock

7/21/2005 4:33:56 PM
Hello,

With the subjective nature of coaster rating well established, I wanted to post this message in an attempt to get everyone's input on what criteria their ideal rating system would include. If you had to build an actual systematic rating system, based on concrete factors, what would you include, and how would you use these factors to rate a coaster? Would non-coasters be judged on a different scale? How about inverts?

--------------------
To be the man, WHOOOO! You gotta beat the man.
therock

7/22/2005 9:08:45 AM
That is a good point. For me, a family coaster could be perfect for its intentions, which would make it a 10. However, a family coaster could never be as good as Apollo's Chariot, although when mixing them into the same rating system, they might both get 10's which is misleading.
CoastrGlxy

7/22/2005 11:30:27 AM
I also agree with FTPC different ride categories would be helpful, b/c some may compare a coaster to all other coasters b/c they haven't ridden numerous inverts for example.

What I usually do though is compare a coaster to like coasters. For example when rating the Lochness Monster I compare it to other steel looping coasters. With it's many unique elements I'd rate it above average to great. But a ride like GASM at SFGADV I'd rate average, there's nothing special about it but it does have numerous inversions and a pretty short wait.
coasterwom

5/17/2006 1:45:01 AM
When I rate a coaster I try to compare it to others I have rode in the same categories. For example hypers, giga, strata, inverteds, stand ups, flying, wood. I feel this site should be seperated like this also.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics