Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie Lake Park TR, July 16th
mrceagle

7/19/2005 2:12:48 AM
Since we hadn’t been to the park in a while we opted to take a trip out to the park. We left home at 10:00 and got to the park a little before 11:00.

We walked over to the Skater which was being worked on. The maintenance man mentioned that the park opened the western area at 11:00 rides and all. So we maid our way back to the Ye old Canobie Village. We got on the flume first thing off and had a good ride. It was a bit slow but you could easily see they ere still filling the ride. You could see the line of cars poring into the parking lot form the flumes lift. It was going to be a busy day. Still got a few good splashes in and it cooled me off. We walked after and got in line for the Mine of Lost souls. Both rides had about 20 minute waits and the dark ride was fun like it always is. Given that it was getting Close to noon we maid our way to the Cannonball. There was already a line forming and we got in with a couple trainloads in from of use. The wait was mostly pleasurable with a number of people willing to talk and except for a couple smart asses it was enjoyable. We got on and jumped in the back seat. Great ride the coaster has defiantly gotten broken in on the new turn it’s almost like it was never changed.

We maid out way to Skater and it was running. We hoped in line and got in the middle of the car. The ride basically roles back and forth on the U shaped track wile spinning. The company makes a smaller version called a Rock’n Tug. The ride’s OK not fantastic and to be honest it’s no better then the smaller Rockn’ Tug. It just takes up more space. We road the ride again latter in the day, further back, and it gave a slightly better ride but not that much batter. The ride is also very uncomfortable. I found the smaller Rock’n Tug with it’s flat benches more comfortable then the Skaters Crotch hugger seats.

But our reason for coming to the park today wasn’t for rides. It was for the shows. Canobie is hosting 5 shows this year. The shows are Elvis Lives, Canobie Can Can, Bozo, Britney’s Dance Party, and the Saturday Night Fireworks. We maid our rounds and spent most of the day seeing the shows.

Bozo was first we have talked to the performer a few times so we often catch his act. Good show for the kids. It offers allot of interaction and not just sitting and listening like most kids shows at parks. Worth a look it you like Bozo or have a younger one in your group.

Elvis was in the building second. The dance hall has been extensively upgraded for this show. AC, lights, new sound system the works! This is by fare the best show I have seen in a park. The performer Matt Lewis is a fantastic impersonator and isn’t afraid to work with his audience. The show was a blast. In fact we saw it twice. They actually change little things here and there so the shows are a little deferent each time. It’s worth the price of admition for this show alone.

We maid our way back to the Bozo/Kiddie land stage for the Britney show starting at 3. I was worm so I walked over and stood in the splash zone for the Boston Tea Party. The line was full and I didn’t have an Hour to and hour and a half to wait and get on this ride. I got a little wet and walked back to see the show. This is a very good show the girl they have playing Britney plays the park well and actually is better looking. The songs stretched her career and the performance was upbeat. The dancing was also very good. Another great addition t the show line up!

Well we were off to the Western area for the last daytime show, The Canobie Can Can. This was not quite what I expected. It was mostly a Moulon Rouge show in sheep’s clothing. It used al the main Upbeat songs form the movie plus a few other modern dance songs. It did however have some good comedy and reasonably good dancing. At least they did do the can can. Worth seeing in your in the area and it’s about to start. The lead( part Mss Kitty) of this show hurt her ankle on the last show of the day. S
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics