Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Great Escape TR, Jun Trip
mrceagle

7/19/2005 1:12:04 AM
We left at left the house at 7:30 and began our long trip to The Great Escape. MY brother had gotten up 2.5 hours earlier to pick up a friend of ours that was going with us. It was her First trip to the park. We hit little traffic and arrived at the park at 11:20. We bought a free buddy ticket and entered the park.

Since it was her fist trip coasters cane first and everything else second. We hit the western are first like we normally do. Canyon blaster was fun but like normal a bit rough. But the big conversation getter was Nightmare. She really enjoyed this coaster and despite a slight timing problem and an Emergency shut down there were no complaints. We hit Steamin Demon and worked our way out to the rest of the park. We were going to stop and watch the already started Elvis show but that didn’t last long since it stunk and we decided to not stay for more.

We caught many of the shows the Elvis show is nothing to talk about. The Looney Toons show is just a clone of what they have at every park except TGE has a far better stage. The dive show was good and fun to watch but you have to watch from an open area and the sun it terrible. The highlight of our visit was the Circus show. The performers were talented and the Silk dancer was fantastic. Might I add worth watching! I very much enjoyed the show and it saved the park from having no good shows. There was also a western show that was OK but nothing great but the selection was terrible. “Save a Horse Ride A Cowboy” doesn’t belong in a stage show put on by a family park.

Bobsled was shut down as was A few other rides, like the two ferries wheels. No big deal we normally don’t ride them. We worked our way around the park hitting everything we could. We got a few early rides in on the Comet. The Coasting for Homes event was being held so we spent some time talking to the people running it. in all they got 4,000 laps in for the day with a hand full of rides. Not bad! We only got 26 for the day.

We walked around the Loony Toons area. It was very hot and we were looking for a way to cool down. The flume was fun but didn’t do much to cool us down. Nor was the Raging Rapids ride any help. I walked over to the water play fountain and leaned forward to get cooled off.

Like every water ride in the park the water was worm. Too worm and the water coming out of it was more chlorine then water and burned my eyes. Not to mention how much it helped me get sunburn. The coolest I got all day was from a Sprinkler attached to a garden hose in the water park.

Anne, our friend, in all liked the park and wants to come back. She really hasn’t been to any park outside of Canobie Lake and ants to check out more parks. As for me it was a good day in all. I was overheated but had a good time on the rides.

Oh Loony Toons National park. This was the first time I was in it since it was opened. I think the area is allot more lively then it was before. The over all area I wasn’t that impressed with. Too many common kiddie rides that have nothing to do with the theme. And adult can ride anything without a child and that includes the coaster. I would have preferred a family area were everyone could ride and spend the day together. Also the attendant paid no attention to the riders, especially on the coaster. I saw a kid get thrown and he hit his head. The kid was wailing and the operator still let the ride keep going. After it stopped kid still screaming he sent it around again. The jungle walk was still not open living nothing enjoyable to do if you were over 5.

Lets hope that after this addition they will remove the old carnival kiddie rides form the fair area and install something for the adults.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney Clicky Web Analytics