Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Universal Studios Florida - TRS
RCGenius

7/11/2005 7:58:13 AM
Day 1 - 7/3

The 1st park we experienced during the whole trip was USF. We arrived at USF at around 1:00 after my family felt right at home at the hotel. As we started to walk up towards the Universal Studios Store, my lil sister started to get ill. My mom, dad, & I tried to do as much as we could to see if she would be feeling better. About an hour later, she said that she was starting to feel better. Then as we were waiting in line for Earthquake, she started to feel ill again. We decided to get out of the line & tried to get her to a shaded place to sit down. After all of that, we left the park at around 3:00. I didn't get to ride anything b/c of my lil sister's illness. I guess she just got dehydrated & the Florida heat was really taking a huge effect on her. I was a lil upset at first, but I was afraid that she was gonna pass out. I would've rather gone w/o riding a coaster for a year rather than having my lil sister pass out.

After that horrible experience, my dad & I went back to USF at around 7:00 p.m. My mom stayed back at the hotel to make sure that my lil sister would start to recover & try to be back at full strength. My dad & I only got to ride on one ride since I really wanted to go to IOA so bad. So here was our one & only ride for Day 1:

The ride was Revenge of the Mummy. I'll admit that when I first heard about the ride, I thought that it'd be very boring b/c of it only having a top speed of 40 m.p.h. & its short track length. The wait for Revenge of the Mummy was only 35 min. When I stood in line for it, we went through a lot of rooms, but each room was heavily themed w/a lot of props from the Revenge of the Mumnmy movie. Finally we got to the station. My dad & I rode the back seat for this. The lift hill was short & kinda fast. Then we were stopped by some mummy telling us to back out while we can. This just made the ride more thrilling. The ride started to go backwards & after going through the wall of one building came the 1st drop of the ride. The 1st drop at some great airtime from the back seat. I thought that Revenge of the Mummy wouldn't have any airtime at all. After the 1st drop & all of that twisting track came another part of track that took us backwards for the beginning of another drop. After we went through that wall, we went through the last 1/2 of the ride. The last drop to me was actually larger than the 1st drop & it still had some great airtime. After the whole 4-5 hill twisting track layout was the brakes. Overall, Revenge of the Mummy was a great ride that gave me a lot of surprises in such a small layout that it had. The ride had some great airtime since I rode it in the back seat & the sound effects & scenery around it made the ride a whole lot better. Revenge of the Mummy gets a 9/10 from me. It only lost one point for its short track length & it could've been a lil faster. Other than that, Revenge of the Mummy was an incredible ride experience & is definitely a one of a kind one too. Definitely ride Revenge of the Mummy when you're visiting USF since it's the only major coaster at the park. You'll love it & will want to ride it again & again.

Day 2 - 7/5

My lil sister was close to being 100% better for coming to USF, but at least she didn't get sick this visit, so my whole family actually came to USF for Day 2. We arrived at the park at around 11:30 a.m. for a great day during the afternoon & that's what we got. It wasn't raining at all during the afternoon like it was during Day 1, so I was ready to get on a lot of rides for the day. Here are the rides that we went on for Day 2 & how all of them were:

The 1st ride that my whole family went on was Shrek 4-D. The wait for it was 45 min., but the ride was constantly moving, so we went through the line very quickly as we were watching the Shrek video. I like how b/f you got to the ride itself that there were the 3 lil pigs, Pinnochio, & the magic mirror were trying to warn us abo
Message updated 11/26/2005 6:50:53 AM by RCGenius
Animan1

4/8/2006 10:22:09 AM
Very good TR. I'm glad that you had a good experience at one of my favorite parks!
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics