Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Islands of Adventure - TRS
RCGenius

7/11/2005 6:42:55 AM
Day 1 - 7/3

My dad & I arrived at IOA at around 8:00 p.m. It was great though b/c most of the GPs were leaving after spending the whole day there. The lines for all of the lines were very short. Even though we only got on 2 rides, here's how they were:

The 1st ride that we went on that night was Incredible Hulk. The theming inside the building & the queve was amazing showing off some great Incredible Hulk shows. The wait time for the ride said that it was about 40 min., but it didn't even feel like that at all. As we approached the station, we decided to ride the front row for our 1st ride. The wait for the front was only like 15-20 mins. I really loved the storyline going up the 1st half of the lift hill. After that came the 0-40 m.p.h. in 2 seconds launch. After the launch was just the journey of the 7-inversion green beast. Overall, Incredible Hulk's just simply incredible. The launch was very intense, the 110 ft. 1st drop was nice, & the 7 inversions were great too. The only problem w/Incredible Hulk's that the ride kinda fizzles out after the corkscrew of the 2nd half of the ride. Other than that, it's truly an amazing coaster w/intensity & a lot of assorted elements.

After Incredible Hulk, we took a good walk around the park to get back to the Lost Continent section only to ride the marvelous Dueling Dragons. I've heard a lot of great things about Dueling Dragons, so I knew that I was in for a treat. The wait time was only 10 min. for this. We came across the "Choose thy fate" sign & now it was time to decide. Since I heard that a lot of people preferred Fire over Ice, I decided to ride Fire first. After my 1st ride, all I could say was "WOW!" Fire was just a great ride. It was fast, the inversions were great & intense, the dueling elements were top notch, & most of all, the airtime hill over Ice's in-line twist had some of the best airtime on a B&M invert that I've ever experienced. In fact, Fire was so intense that it left my head buzzin after my 1st ride. It was the 1st ride to give me a ride w/that kind of intensity for at least 5 yrs. ago. I truly love Fire!

Overall, despite only spending 2 hours at the park on the 1st day, those 2 hours were something memorable to me. I just knew that throughout the week, I was going to have a great time at IOA. I just couldn't wait for throughout the week of what I was going to experience at IOA.

Day 2 - 7/3

This time, my whole family arrived at IOA at around 6:00 p.m. Again b/c of most of the GPs leaving, the lines were still fairly short. Here's how Day 2 went down:

The 1st ride that I rode was the Adventures of Spiderman b/c my lil sister wanted to ride on it so bad. I heard a lot of reviews saying how this ride's one of the better 3-D rides around, so I wanted to actually see if all of these reviews that I read about were true. After the ride, I knew what everyone was talking about now. This 3-D ride was great & IOA really put a lot of work into creating such a one of a kind attraction. The special effects & sounds were great & the whole 3-D experience was just something else. Definitely a great non-coaster ride to ride on when the lines for coasters are long. In fact, it was my mom's favorite ride out of all of them on our trip. She just couldn't stop talking about how Adventures of Spiderman's the best 3-D ride around.

After that ride was time to ride the Dr. Doom's Fearfall. I rode on it w/my mom who's usually terrified of tall fast thrill rides. To tell ya'll the truth, Dr. Doom's Fearfall was the only ride that made me kinda nervous to ride simply b/c it was my 1st freefall ride. I was too scared to ride the Dominator at Dorney Park back in 2003. As we were waiting, the theming was also very cool to look at. The wait for Dr. Doom's Fearfall was about 15 min. Finally it was our turn. As we started to go up slowly b/f the launch, I started to hear Dr. Doom's voice. I forgot about what he said, but I remember
Animan1

4/8/2006 10:34:26 AM
It's too bad that you missed out on some of IoA's other great rides (Popeye, Dudley, etc.) but it sounds like you had a great time nonetheless. IoA is my favorite theme park, and the Hulk is simply amazing, so I'm glad that you had a good time.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics