Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Busch Gardens Tampa - TR - 7/6
RCGenius

7/10/2005 9:26:17 PM
We left for BGT at around noon. My family got kinda sidetracked w/the directions of getting there b/c we used a map & the navigator, so we didn't get to BGT until around 1:15 p.m. As we entered to the park, I could already tell that I was gonna have a great time at BGT. Here's how my day at BGT went down:

The 1st ride that caught my attention was Gwazi since it's towards the entrance. I rode the Lion track of Gwazi. The wait for it was about 25-30 min. Gwazi was a nice woody that had some character & an out of control experience. The Lion also had some nice airtime & the 1st drop was nice. I wished that I would've rode the Tiger too b/c the line for Tiger was short. The only problems w/Gwazi were that the ride ops were running it very slowly & the fact that they weren't dueling at all. I only saw the Lion & Tiger duel once, but that was it. B/c of that, Gwazi only gets a 7/10 from me.

After Gwazi, my family decided to ride the Nairobi Train around the Serengeti Plains & throughout the park. The train ride was nice & relaxing. We had some great shots of ostriches, zebras, African elephants, gazelles, & many more. Just looking at the African animals were truly amazing.

After the train, I decided to ride another coaster that was nearby, the Montu. When I looked at the coaster, I knew that I was in for one heck of a ride experience. I was right about that too b/c Montu gave me one heck of a ride. The line was almost practically a walk-on b/c I only had to wait for 2 trains. The layout's long just the way I like it. The inversions were great to go through & all of them were placed perfectly, including some of them being set along trenches. It had one of the best 1st drops for a B&M invert that I've ever experienced. The Egyptian theming & landscaping was also awe-inspiring to look at & take pictures. The only problems are just w/the brakes that I saw b/f the batwing & the mid-course brakes. Other than that, the ride definitely deserves the recognition that it has already. It's my favorite coaster in the park & it definitely deserves a perfect 10/10. I LOVE MONTU!!!

After the Montu, my family wanted to take a ride on the Skyride so that they could get to the back of the park. This Skyride's probably one of the fastest skyrides that I've ever been on. The only downside was that the Skyride broke down & it took about 10-15 min. for the mechanics to come up there & fix it. Other than that, it was a fun skyride. I took some great photos of SheiKra, Kumba, Scorpion, Python, & the Cheetah Chase. It was also cool seeing all of the animals down below that I didn't get to see when I went on the train.

After we got off the Skyride & we finally arrived at Stanleyville, my mom & lil sister wanted to ride the Stanley Falls Flume, so my dad & I started to separate from them & we were now heading for the ride which was basically the main reason for me to do anything I could to come all the way to BGT for, the SheiKra. I was truly looking at SheiKra like it was going to be my #1 favorite coaster all-time. SheiKra was the longest wait of the day having a 45 min. wait. Fortunately though, the line didn't even feel like it has been 45 mins. b/c of it constantly moving due to the 5 train operation. We sat in the middle row for this. After a ride of SheiKra, I came off the ride truly amazed at what a coaster that compact & short of track length could do. The 200 ft. 90 degree plunge was truly astounding, amazing, awe-inspiring, & breathtaking w/some great airtime coming down. The huge 165 ft. immelman had some nice floater air to it & the carousel turn was very intense as we ripped through that element w/blistering speed. The 3rd & final drop also had some nice floater air to it for a total of 3 airtime moments. The tunnel was also cool, although it had some water dripping down which hit my eyes, leaving me blinded for the rest of the ride. The water splash element was also great. After hearing abo
Message updated 11/26/2005 6:55:57 AM by RCGenius
Animan1

4/8/2006 10:40:19 AM
Another good TR. I agree that BGT has a great lineup, and I agree for the most part with all your thoughts and ratings on the coasters. Nice job once again.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics