Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Hershey... Sat. 7/9
bb_dg

7/10/2005 4:44:56 PM
went to hershey park with a friend of mine and her dad (since he got the company discount/package) for a half day of fun. got to the park around 12 and stayed till a little after 6. overall, the park was packed but the lines werent extreme and the weather was perfect. heres a rundown of the day:

began with a stop to see the new show, nerds, the musical. kind of sucked but what do you expect. from there we headed over the storm runner.

i rode storm runner last year and was just kind of lukewarm about the ride. this year, however, proved to be a little different. the ride broke in a bit and feels faster now than last year, which makes a big difference. i think i liked it more this time around but im still kind of on the fence with this one.

next we headed to the congo river rapids ride. longest wait of the day. got soaked. it was kind of a lame layout and i think dorneys is much much better (although this one is better than GAdv).

we then went to the picnic grounds for some lunch. not bad for free (or included in the package). after this, we headed to the back section of the park for wildcat and lightning racer. wildcat is really showing its age and is very rough in some sections. its a shame, i really liked this ride. lightning racer still delivers and is always a fun time. as we were making the loop, we checked out roller soaker only to find it closed (all day) for whatever reason. still have to try that sucker out.

we then took the long way back to the gate to hit up great bear. strong beginning, weak ending is what classifies this ride. and the ride ops were terrible on it too. very slow stacking every single time, once for a few minutes. we exited the park (and i must say their carousel looks great) and took a spin on the chocolate factory tour. got a snack size take 5. it sucked. its like the hershey factory got drunk, puked and then some hot shot new exec marketed as a candy bar. oh, they were also giving out free candy (twerps and jolly rancher rocks) all day at the exit of the major coasters.

overall, a fun day. very relaxed pace since ive been to the park a few times before and i was really able to enjoy myself

--------------------
-Barry
My Phlog - Pics from my camera phone updated in real time
My Personal Coaster Site - All about my obsession with coasters
My General Aviation Site - Follow my flight training progress
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics