Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 2 ] [ 1 ] 2 
Author If You Could Design and Add a Disney Attraction
Cairn

7/8/2005 10:32:14 PM
Please excuse me if this has been discussed before. But if you were given the task to design a new ride or attraction for Disney's Magic Kingdom, what movie or character would it be based on, what type of ride would it be, and which "Land" would you locate it in?

My ride would be based on the film "Old Yeller" and would locate it in Frontier Land. The ride would be a heavilly themed wooden racing roller coaster on the same lines as Kennywood's "Racer". The two trains would depart from an indoor station and climb the lift hill which would be built into a man-made mountain similar to "Big Thunder Mountain Railway", but with animatronic characters acting out highpoints from the film. Once over the lift, the two trains (perhaps Millenium Flyers, one named "Yeller", the other named "Savage Sam" Old Yeller's son) would race over the wood structure built into a scenic outdoor terrain made to look like the Texas Hill Country. The ride would have only one lift hill making the ride an uninterrupted one, and it would be a fast but fun ride that familes can enjoy...perhaps the passengers high fiving riders on the other train as seen as Kennywood. The entire track course would be around 6000 to 7000 feet long.

Any ideas here?

--------------------
Swimace

7/8/2005 11:07:28 PM
I don't think a wooden coaster would fit into Magic Kingdom's atmosphere. I'd add my ride onto Disneyland Paris, because it doesn't have a Splash Mountain.

The ride's exterior is themed as a large mountain, similar to Splash Mountain, although with a few mountain "outpost" type buildings along one side. You enter to the side of the mountain where the line snakes through what is made to look like a small western town built at the base of a mountain. Nearing the mountain's base, you enter the Sheriff's office where you view a pre-show movie. The Story: a bandit has robbed the local bank and it is up to you to chase him down a retrieve the stolen money. Guests are to be sent in hot pursuit of the outlaw in boats through the mountainous country surround the small western town.

Guests board their boats and dispatch from the platform into a cavern at the base of the mountain. The riders catch a glimpse of the bandit who taunts them and escapes up a logging ramp. Riders follow up the shaft (aka first lift) and emerge in the upper parts of the mountain. Surrounded by wilderness and a sherrif outpost, guest meander downstream. The Sheriff is at the side of the river looking for the bandit. Riders turn a corner and come upon an abandoned mine shaft marked with the cliche "hideout" sign. The boat takes its first drop into the darkness beneath. The cavern below is littered with bags of money and a few turns bring riders face to face with the villian. The boat comes to a dead end with the bandit right infront of them. He makes a remark about not being able to catch him then he lights a stick of TNT then disappears. The boat quickly launches backwards (Much like the beattle scene on ROTM). Riders are sent down a drop and then up another hill and into brakes. Now in complete darkness (so that the transfer track can change ahead), riders sit still for a moment. Then a box of Dynomite is illuminated nearby, and the fuse has been lit. Riders launch forward (to about 40 mph) into a twisting, airtime filled segment in total darkness. The boat shoots out of the back of the mountain and into a splashdown of water.

The boat floats along a turn to face the mountain again and attaches to the second lift which carries the boat to the mountain's apex. At the top riders enter another caver with cliche "danger" signs all over. Riders do two 180 degree turns (one right, one left) through the cavern, face the big drop, and face the villian once again. Speakers onboard the boat give out the Sheriff's orders to "Get out of there!". The villian is standing in a barrel which he closes himself in. The barrel goes through a trap door (aka down the falls). The Bandit makes his excape in a barrel down the falls and despite the Sheriff's orders you decide to follow. The boat does a small launch into the steep drop (launch made to produce massive air). Riders splash down into the water below and turn back towards the town area. On the jagged rocks besides the falls you see the bandit hanging out of a wrecked barrel and gold coins covering the bottom of the water. You return to the dock to a hero's welcome.

-The End

Sorry it took so long for me to give my concept, I tend to be overly creative when it comes to ride concepts (Give me a call Disney ).

OH, BTW, this ride was an Intamin Aqua Trax for those of you wondering about the launches and such.

--------------------
SheiKra- 2005's most amazing ride experience.
Message updated 7/8/2005 11:08:25 PM by Swimace
Cairn

7/8/2005 11:29:04 PM
Quote:
Swimace said:
I don't think a wooden coaster would fit into Magic Kingdom's atmosphere. I'd add my ride onto Disneyland Paris, because it doesn't have a Splash Mountain.

The ride's exterior is themed as a large mountain, similar to Splash Mountain, although with a few mountain "outpost" type buildings along one side. You enter to the side of the mountain where the line snakes through what is made to look like a small western town built at the base of a mountain. Nearing the mountain's base, you enter the Sheriff's office where you view a pre-show movie. The Story: a bandit has robbed the local bank and it is up to you to chase him down a retrieve the stolen money. Guests are to be sent in hot pursuit of the outlaw in boats through the mountainous country surround the small western town.

Guests board their boats and dispatch from the platform into a cavern at the base of the mountain. The riders catch a glimpse of the bandit who taunts them and escapes up a logging ramp. Riders follow up the shaft (aka first lift) and emerge in the upper parts of the mountain. Surrounded by wilderness and a sherrif outpost, guest meander downstream. The Sheriff is at the side of the river looking for the bandit. Riders turn a corner and come upon an abandoned mine shaft marked with the cliche "hideout" sign. The boat takes its first drop into the darkness beneath. The cavern below is littered with bags of money and a few turns bring riders face to face with the villian. The boat comes to a dead end with the bandit right infront of them. He makes a remark about not being able to catch him then he lights a stick of TNT then disappears. The boat quickly launches backwards (Much like the beattle scene on ROTM). Riders are sent down a drop and then up another hill and into brakes. Now in complete darkness (so that the transfer track can change ahead), riders sit still for a moment. Then a box of Dynomite is illuminated nearby, and the fuse has been lit. Riders launch forward (to about 40 mph) into a twisting, airtime filled segment in total darkness. The boat shoots out of the back of the mountain and into a splashdown of water.

The boat floats along a turn to face the mountain again and attaches to the second lift which carries the boat to the mountain's apex. At the top riders enter another caver with cliche "danger" signs all over. Riders do two 180 degree turns (one right, one left) through the cavern, face the big drop, and face the villian once again. Speakers onboard the boat give out the Sheriff's orders to "Get out of there!". The villian is standing in a barrel which he closes himself in. The barrel goes through a trap door (aka down the falls). The Bandit makes his excape in a barrel down the falls and despite the Sheriff's orders you decide to follow. The boat does a small launch into the steep drop (launch made to produce massive air). Riders splash down into the water below and turn back towards the town area. On the jagged rocks besides the falls you see the bandit hanging out of a wrecked barrel and gold coins covering the bottom of the water. You return to the dock to a hero's welcome.

-The End

Sorry it took so long for me to give my concept, I tend to be overly creative when it comes to ride concepts (Give me a call Disney ).

OH, BTW, this ride was an Intamin Aqua Trax for those of you wondering about the launches and such.

While it may not fit with the atmposphere of the park, this is one of those "if you could design a ride" questions.
But, for the Old Yeller theme, a film that is based in the old time west, wood would be more appropriate than a steel modern "Space Mountain" ride.

Your idea sounds really cool!

Clicky Web Analytics