Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Tips for Dorney July 17
Gosquan

7/7/2005 10:42:19 AM
Yes I have been there before and it was great. A little rainy but no lines at all. I believe that is a Friday. Last year when I went it was a Wednesday. So will there be long lines when I go? Also how long if so? And do you have any tips of what to ride first. I was assuming Talon then Hydra.
Hercules

7/7/2005 2:00:32 PM
Tips

Opening Day

Hydra

bb's Trip Report

I think that should be all you need to know. The park hasn't been all that busy lately eventhough it has seen an 11% increase in attendance from this point last year. It's never that bad at Dorney, certainly nothing like what you see at Great Adventure. I would say, if you are going on Hydra and Talon as your first two, go on Talon first because there is always a line to get on Hyrda at opening. If it is a slow day, the line for Hydra will be next to nothing anyway and there will be a wait for Talon and Steel Force. Normally one ride is enough for most people and then they don't bother with it. I would say go to Steel Force in the back of the park first, but if you really want to do those two first, go with Talon first.
Gosquan

7/7/2005 4:04:05 PM
Alright thanks.The thing I like about Dorney is its ten times cleaner {or more} and the lines are so much shorter. All the New York people go to Six Flags. My group made are plan now. We will get there before it opens and run to Talon. We might get 2 rides on it. One in the front if possible. Then we will go to Hydra for 1 ride on it. After that we will go to Steel Force and try to get front row. A quick ride on Laser after that. We will get on both Dominator towers and Meteor quickly too. We probably will eat at the hamburger drive in or whatever its called then go to Wild Water Kingdom. We will go back after a bunch of slides and the other two water rides. The one by Meteor that gets you soaked and the one similar to Congo Rapids and Six Flags. Im definitly going on Hang Time again.

Just a question.
The last time I went to Wild Water Kingdom the Wave Pool had no waves. Is it always like that?

Thanks again for all the help.
bb_dg

7/7/2005 7:27:13 PM
the wave pool was refurbished a few years ago (and to my knowledge it has always produced waves). it does, however, run in a cycle where a certain amount of time passes with no waves and then a short (2 minutes maybe) stretch where the waves are rolling in.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics