Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author The Glory of Universal Studios Hollywood (TR)
fastridez

6/22/2005 5:54:45 PM
When my sister moved to LA, I relished the opportunity to visit her because of the proximity to my favorite theme park, Universal Studios Hollywood. I wanted to post in this forum because I had an particularly wonderful trip and wanted to share my experience. My sister and I took my niece and nephew to the park last weekend and had the best time. This place is fantastic, the perfect amount of magical fun and relaxation. I felt like I was back in grade school again, experiencing the thrill of rides for the first time.

The park is an ingenious creation--well-planned and completely engaging for both children and adults. The kids loved Shrek 4D. They did a good job of catching up people who hadn’t seen the movies in a frightening antechamber pre-show. We loved our slime green 4D glasses; they really made the show intense, as did the squirts of water and other unidentifiable scares that came from beneath the seats. As it was a hot day, the kids enjoyed playing in the Nickolodean Blast Zone (a water attraction), while my sister and I munched on popcorn. There are actually a number of great ways to cool off in the park: Waterworld (a re-enactment of the movie in a very realistic set with entertaining actors) and Jurassic Park (an exciting journey through the park, dinosaurs and hazard zones included, that ends with a surprise drop and splash).

I bought front of the line passes for everyone, which were totally worth it. It was a hot day and we went straight to the front of every line, which was fantastic, especially for my niece and nephew who were extremely impatient to go on every single ride. But you should still be prepared to buy a lot of beverages as you can easily get dehydrated. The best part about the front of the line passes was being able to get to the front of the Mummy Ride and go on it many times. The lines for this ride were the longest in the park, which is no surprise considering how scary it is. The Studio Tour was the perfect attraction for the kids and adults. It has something for everyone, a friendly guide who keeps you smiling, the Jaws shark, the set of Desperate housewives, and a simulated earthquake that, trust me, is exactly like the real thing. We ended the day getting photos with Spiderman--there was a substantial wait, but the kids were very patient and we now have some fabulous memories to add to our photo album. In all, I couldn’t wish for a more delightful way to spend my vacation and thoroughly recommend going. You will be happy you went!
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics