Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Dorney Park - 6/17/05
*FreeBird*

6/19/2005 1:13:25 PM
Ok, this was my first time at Dorney in nearly 10 years, I hardly remember the first time I was there. We got to the park around 10:00, just when it opened. The park was like completely empty. There were hardly any lines so it worked out perfect. We also had discounts so each the tickets were only $21. So our first ride was Steel Force, and what an opening ride it was! We rode this 3 times, I really enjoyed it.

Next we rode Revolution which was ok, didn't sit too well with my stomach. Next we rode Thunderhawk, a nice classic woodie, though I think its location is out of place standing next to Steel Force.

After that we rode Dominator, I liked the red side better. Then after that we took a ride on the Whip, which is the best one I've been on yet, the whipping action is great! And after that we hit Lazor, the double loop was pretty cool.

And now, Hydra. This coaster sure does look awesome but does it ride as good as it looks? Nope, it was an average coaster. The headbanging really got to me and the elements just didn't seem to flow together that well. However it was sort of fun so we rode this twice. After this we went for lunch at the Coasters Drive In.

After that we rode the Wild Mouse, which was like the only ride in the park that had a wait. And we waited like 30min! The ride was itself wasn't that goood either, Hershey's wild mouse is a lot better.

Next we rode Thunder Creek Mountain, this is a great log flume and I really like the way it goes with the flow of the land. After that, since I was already wet, we rode Thunder Canyon and got drenched! And stupidly, I forgot to take my digital camera out of my pocket. I never swore that much on a ride in my life! Luckly it survived the numerous waterfalls and it still works.

Next up was Talen, which is now offically my favorite Steel Coaster. The elements are just perfect, and it has a nice ride length too. We rode this thing about 15 times throughout the entire day so we all really enjoyed it.

After that my friends went to the water park for a little, and since I didn't bring extra cloth, I just took a stroll around the park. I thought it was a little cold out for all those water rides anyway. So after that it was time for some re-rides. We rode Steel Force 3 more times, then hit Thunderhawk again, then Lazer, then Dominator, and then Hydra. And of course we rode Talen a billion times as well.
We then decided to take the Ceder Creek Cannonball to fill in some time and then decided to ride Hangtime, which we missed before.

Now we decided to take a ride ferris wheel to get some good pics. Then we rode Talen some more, and then hit Steel Force for the last ride.

Dorney is great park, lacking a little in atmosphere but it does have a great collection of rides. The only ride I think it needs is a stand out wooden coaster. But overall I had a great time a Dorney.
sfo1

6/19/2005 1:19:42 PM
Great pictures, glad you had a good time.

It's really too bad that Hydra provides only an average ride. It really surprises me that it provides the worst ride of all the floorlesses'. Sounds like it's B&M's first real uh-oh.
Knoebels

7/5/2005 1:22:27 PM
Pretty good TR, and I agree with you. After going for the first time this year as well, Talon is now my favorite Steel Coaster too.
Hercules

7/5/2005 3:21:40 PM
B&M did not make the uh-oh. The ride is what the park wanted, so that is what B&M built.

Watch out for that stand out wood. Nobody believes me, but I'm telling you all that Skyscraper being removed was phase one of the master plan... next it is Monster and then a relocation or selling of Laser. I'm telling you.

Nice little report.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics