Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Dorney - 6/15 starlight
primogen18

6/16/2005 2:18:39 AM
Hey, just got home from my dorney trip with a good friend, starlight admission. It was a great day, no crowds or lines all walk ons. weather was very nice and held just until 10 PM. Went on all the coasters and a few others, including Hydra. In order we just went around the park riding Talon, Hydra, Dominator, Thunderhawk, Steel Force, Lazer, then all of the water rides (flume, white water landing, thunder canyon) once. After we got a few more rides on each and then rode talon a few times in a row in the end.

Talon - road great all day, the back proved to be most wild but the front offered great views. Still smooth and forcefull. My friend and I agree favorite ride at the park.

Hydra - ...what can I say. First ride was in the 2nd to last row, and it was nice, just not very intense. Later in the day we rode front seat. BAD idea, in front row hydra is very bumpy and has alot of headbanging, worst B&M ive experienced thus far. Later kept towards the back of the train and it rode much better. Overall an ok ride, the Jojo was very interesting, and was a highlight of sitting up front since it was so slow.

Thunderhawk - first ride in the very front seat, and ouch lol, horribly breaked especially in the first left turn. later one one more ride and it wasnt nearly as bad (breaks not as effective?) but still not that great
Steel Force- Nice and smooth, alot of fun as usual

Lazor- not as intense as I remember it, but still fun.
And all other rides good as usuall lol, still got completely drenched on Thunder Canyon, one of the wettest raft rides IMO, but it was hot out so it didnt matter. Overall a good day with many rides crammed in.

--------------------
Primogen 18's Page
My Message Boards<My New Art Promotional Domain

Hercules

6/16/2005 9:22:01 AM
I went to the park with my girlfriend on Tuesday because she got back home on Saturday, so it was the first time in a while that we have gone to a park together. We were there from about 11 to 7. I wanted to get a ride in on Talon after going to Wildwater Kingdom but it was down for about 2 hours.

Headbanging in the front of Hydra?
primogen18

6/16/2005 2:34:25 PM
ah thats cool, and yes, my friend and I both agreed, it was downright rough in the front seat lol, very bumpy. I dont know if we got it on an off day or bad train or whatever, but It was one of the worst rides on any coaster for me. My head/ ears hurt for some time. any other car was fine though.
Message updated 6/16/2005 2:35:27 PM by primogen18
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics