Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Yet Another Knoebels Trip Report
*FreeBird*

6/13/2005 11:30:18 PM
First off, one of the other reasons (besides going on rides) for going to Knoebels was to take a lot of pictures for my Art IV AP course I'm taking in school. Our summer assignment was to find an idea that we want to concentrate our entire next year on so I figured, why not Knoebels! We also have to complete 3 artworks over the summer so I figured I'd get it done early. So I took a whole bunch of pictures that way I can pick and choose which I like the best.

So anyway, we got there around 12:00, and it was empty as usual. The weather turned out to perfect so we couldn't of had a better day. We got in line for the all day passes which were $31, however, this VERY generous man in back of us offered us 2 Free Passes he had for only $20!!! Talk about a bargain, only $10 a pass!

So we first ate at the Cesairi's Pizza place which was very good, along with some white birch beer. Then it was to the Haunted Mansion as usual and then the Log Flume which was great since it was a really hot day. Next up was the Scooters which were running terrific today! It seemed people were hitting harder then usual, maybe it's because they didn't have as many cars running, but it was crazy! We rode this twice. We also rode the Bumper Boats right after.

After that it was down to Powersurge, and then the ride I've been waiting for The Fandango!!! There was a very short line for this ride which suprised me, but then again the whole park was pretty empty. I really really enjoyed this ride, it's a great addition to there line up. Looks like Powersurge really has some competition now, though I think Fandango took the lead.

So following that we rode the Phoenix which really seemed rough this time around, don't know why, but still good. After that I was feeling a little nauseous probably from a combination of the heat, the fact that I just chugged a birchbeer, and was just on Fandango and Powersurge back to back. And the Phoenix's bunny hops didn't help. So I decided to take it easy so we rode the Scenic Skyway and then the Pioneer train.

We then took stroll over to the where the whirlwind used to be, it actually doesn't look like there's that much room to build on so I don't know what will be going there. Since we were there we hit the flyers which helped cool us off from a very hot day.

Next up was the Twister which was really running great at blazing speeds! We rode that about 3 times and after that we took a nice relaxing ride on the Antique Cars which gave me many great pics of the Phoenix. And then we rode the Phoenix 2 more times which seemed to be running smoother and faster then before.

After that I decided to take ride on the ole High Speed Thrill Coaster. After that we rode the Scooters once more time, but this time it was different. It's something I would call, the BEST SCOOTER EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! It truly was total chaos!!! People were just ramming into eachother like I never seen, they were mad!!! Sparks were flying (literally), people were laughing, it was great! Heck the ride had to be stopped at one point because the metal pole thing in somebody's bumper car was like breaking off!!!! I'm not lying it was CRAZY!!! And the best part about it is that they continued the ride which gave us even more time! You had to be there to really experience how great it really was. Just goes to show you that these Scooters can have a totally different ride everytime.

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~wall28/scooters2.jpg[/im
Message updated 6/19/2005 8:57:28 PM by *FreeBird*
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
6/14/2005 1:01:34 PM
Cool pics, Freebird. I love the one you took of the Giant Wheel - the shapes and colors are great. Glad you had a good time, and got to ride for next to nothing!
sfo1

6/14/2005 11:43:56 PM
Nice entertaining trip report, and 10 bucks a ticket?Wow... too good to be true!

Umm, is that you with your head in the lion? Just curious.
*FreeBird*

6/15/2005 12:15:49 AM
No, that's my friend, he's a little slow.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics