Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Coaster Madness 05
Hercules

6/10/2005 11:13:37 AM
Hey guys... figured I would give updates throughout the day from Dorney Park.

Morning ERT just ended and it was a good amount of fun. However, I wish Cedar Fair knew how to throw a party. It is just not as much fun as what it should be. If I were in charge, I would do things right.

I pulled off of I78 around 8:35 and the first thing that I saw was Steel Force stuck on the lift hill I couldn't help but laugh.

It is really weird for me because there are a lot of people that have never been to the park before, so they don't know their way around and don't know much about the rides. I'm not used to being around people that haven't been to the park before. I have met a lot of people from all over the place with their home parks being... Cedar Point, Worlds of Fun, Great Adventure and Lake Compounce just to name a few.

Anyway, I got my tag and headed to Steel Force. It was the longest wait for the morning session because that is where everyone went first. I got a decent ride in the back car, but nothing great. I then headed over to Thunderhawk and rode in the back seat with two people in the front and a guy in the middle. They were slaming the brakes hard , but running two trains Then I headed over to Laser. I saw the train go through the first loop and I figured I wasn't going to make it there for the next ride. As I got closer, I noticed the train sitting on the brakes. "Oh great, it is going to be down." I thought that and then I saw... another train in the station They were running two trains! That is only, oh, the second time I have ever seen that and the last time was about 8 years ago. Good lookin' Anyway, this season, though very young, has been very weird for me but in a very good way. Until this year, I had never gotten a front seat ride on Laser. Then just a couple weeks ago I got it when B. Fun was visiting the park, then got another a week ago, and now I have a total of 5 in a month after going 0 for a million. Wow. Well, I never actually realized how intense Laser was. I mean, I know it is an intense ride, but it never bothered me that much. So I was out to test my limits. I went on 5 times in a row in a 15 minutes span and I was starting to feel it. With me, rides are like my stomach... very very very strong so I never really felt that much on Laser. After 5 rides on it, weird stuff starts to happen. My brain was basically scrambled to say the least. I actually got a solo ride in the front too I then headed over to Steel Force and got a very good ride in the back seat and called it for the morning.

I don't normally get mad that easily, but when people say stupid stuff, that is when I get mad. Exhibit A... going up Laser there were a couple dudes behind me talking. The one said that Thunderhawk was the worst ride he has ever been on Ok, fine, it's not as great as what it used to be Then he went on to say that it was rougher than Phoenix and replaces Phoenix as his worst ride of all time Are you kidding me? Ok, that worst ride thing is his opinion and I respect that no matter how absurd the words "bad" and "Phoenix" sound in the same sentence, but, Thunderhawk is not THAT rough and Phoenix is not rough either. He must not be a true enthusiast Exhibit B... apparently Steel Force is an "old" ride and is "old fashioned". Who knew that a ride that is 8 years old is considered old. No wonder there is a high turn over in coasters and rides other than the fact that they suck. People consider something that was built in the late 90's to be old. I wonder what they think of Millennium Force. Is that old since it is 5 years old? Hell, Thunderhawk was built in 1922

On my way back to the front of the park, there were guys walking towards Hydra in hopes of getting there early. Well, there was a line the stretched a good way down the midway. They were bummed. I said "Don't worry, that l
Message updated 6/10/2005 2:25:34 PM by Hercules
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics