Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Hersheypark TR - 6/9/05
RCGenius

6/9/2005 8:53:44 PM
I went to Hersheypark on the last day of school w/my good friend & home girl Melissa & 5 friends. We arrived at around noon. The park wasn't very crowded even though I heard a lot of my friends saying that they're going to HP whether it was during school or after school. We only stayed at the park for about 2 1/2 hrs. b/c Melissa & Allie had a basketball game at 5:30 & they wanted to leave HP at around 2:00-2:30. Despite that though, we've went on some rides w/some of the shortest lines that I've ever seen.

The 1st ride that we went on was Storm Runner. It just opened to the public when we got there b/c it broke down, so the wait for it wasn't even more than 15 min. for it. SR's still an awesome coaster & it's still my #4 favorite coaster. I finally held my hands up on the double barrel roll for the 1st time. I can now hold my hand up on every element of SR except the launch.

Next ride we got on was the Wild Mouse b/c everyone else wanted to find something to eat. The wait for it was only around 5-10 mins. It's still one of the better standard wild mouse rides around. Our picture was very funny. We also rode on it again by the time our friends finally came back. The wait was still only around 5-10 mins.

After the Wild Mouse, we went on Wildcat. The ride was almost only a walk-on since we only had to wait for 3 trains. Wildcat gave a very intense ride as it has always did. My rides on Wildcat this year aren't even that bad since I've found a tip that riding w/o your back up against your seat gives it a better rating for it. The ride's still at #10 though.

After the Wildcat, we went on Lightning Racer. All of us went on the Lightning side, even though my favorite side's Thunder. It's still the best ride to me at HP & is still my #3 favorite coaster. Our train lost though, but it was still fun & very enjoyable.

Unfortunately, after my ride on Lightning Racer, the day started to go downhill from there. It started to rain at around 2:15 & we left HP to go down to Wendy's & Red Robin's. Since I'm not a big fan of Red Robin's, I went to Wendy's & got a Classic Triple meal.

The rain was still a downpour. Melissa & Allie already left for their game, so me & my 4 friends were stuck at Red Robin's during the thunderstorm. They finally called a friend of theirs to pick us up & we finally left for home at around 3:45.

The day didn't go exactly the way that I've planned it to be, but I still had a good time at HP. We didn't even head to the front of the park to ride rides down there. I'm starting to get tired of HP now b/c I've been coming to HP since 1996 & the rides are starting to get kinda old. Also, I work there now & I see HP all the time now. My visit there today was my 1st & probably the last visit for the summer since I plan to travel to a lot of other parks this yr. The only rides that still thrill me at HP are SR & LR. Great Bear's still a fun ride, Wildcat has its good days once in a while, & Comet's only good in the back seat. I just need to go to other parks for more coaster thrills. I think that I might only go to HP only twice a yr. now.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics