Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR: Dorney Park (and WWK)
bb_dg

6/8/2005 10:15:21 PM
went to dorney today for the starlight rate (after 3:30) which is a pretty good deal at $20 off normal admission price. got to the park right at 3:30 and was extremely surprised with how EMPTY it was. went to hydra first...

waited two trains for front row of hydra. what an enjoyable ride. i think thats about the only way i can put it. i enjoyed myself on this coaster. its not the best, definately not the worst, just a fun time. it was on the weak side though. the jojo roll is definately one of a kind and after having ridden the ride, i believe the first "inversion" is not an inversion at all. just an overbanked turn

after that (and a look at the onride photo which is very well done with two shots), we headed to steel force. no wait for second to back row. this is consistently one of my favorite rides although today it seemed like the helix was more powerful and the airtime was lacking.

next we went to revolution which got me a little shaken up and i actually thought it to be quite boring. we went to the ferris wheel next and were the only riders on it. then we went to change to go into wildwater kingdom. the time now... 4:15 (yea, we did all that in 45 minutes).

we changed into bathing suits and tried to re-enter the park which we were denied. this is the worst f***ing policy in existance. we were heading straight for the waterpark and i dont believe you can swim in clothes. not to mention the fact that i saw MANY people throughout the actual park part of dorney wearing nothing but bikinis or trunks. atleast be consistent and tell those people to change or leave the park! i was so pissed off. theyre forcing people to buy a locker, what a rip off. and if dorney is going to enforce such a stupid policy, make a separate gate for the waterpark that allows people to leave their stuff in their cars! [end rant]

anyway... the waterpark (even on this 96 degree day) was empty. the longest we waited was for aquablaster and that was only 5 minutes. we did maybe 6 slides and the lilypads. we were changed and out of there in less than an hour.

back to the park side, i (by myself, my friend didnt want to pay the extra money) took a spin on screamin swing. this is worth some type of money but not 5 bucks. this thing is fast. it accelerates damn quick and gets some nice height and airtime. the ride time is very short though. i like the skyscraper better... too bad they took that out.

next up was talon for two rides. its been 2 years since ive been on talon and ive forgotten how great of a ride this is. lots of speed, force, airtime and beautiful pacing. i was actually getting tunnel vision on my second lap. very awesome.

we topped the day (or few hours i guess) off with another lap on hydra, second to back row. this thing really delievers in the back. much much better than the front. still just an enjoyable ride but definately a backseater. the drop is really something back there. id also like the comment on the station. i didnt think id like the openness of it (as seen in the animations) but this has to be one of my favorite stations around. very TTD like.

we were out of the park and on our way home by 6:20. i could not get over everything we did in such a short time. i think this might have been my favorite trip to the park, ever (minus that idiotic, nonsensical bathing suit policy). thanks for reading all this if you got this far!

-b

--------------------
-Barry
My Phlog - Pics from my camera phone updated in real time
My Personal Coaster Site - All about my obsession with coasters
My General Aviation Site - Follow my flight training progress Clicky Web Analytics