Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Story Land TR Glen, NH
mrceagle

6/8/2005 6:24:55 PM
Once upon a time on Memorial Day weekend 2005 my brother and I took a trip to Story Land in Glen NH. We left early from out camper. We were spending the weekend in New Hampshire’s White Mountains and staying at Lost River Valley Campground in Lincoln. Our Journey to the park was quick and uneventful except for a moose we had to stop for on the Cangamangis, Mountain highway.

We arrived at Story land, were fantasy comes to life, early and met up with a few ACE Members that were going to join us on our Journey. We walked up to the crooked house and waited for the park to open.

At 9:00 the doors opened and we entered this magical place. We maid our way to the lands Roller coaster. The Coaster puller straight from the arctic was named the Polar Coaster and you take your Journey on one of two Walrus trains. Yes the walruses Walter and Wilber have been traveling the coaster track maid by OD Hopkins for 18years now.

After a few trips with Walter and Wilber my brother and I walked to the Farm area of Story land to ride the newest additions to the park. The Cary barn is one of a kind and if very fun with a unique ride sensation. We then took a trip on the Tractor ride. It’s like a car ride with tractors that brings you magically through the farm of living plans. A nice farmer even took our photo. My backpack did the driving on this one.

We spent the rest of the morning enjoying many of Story land attractions. The day was worm we made sure to hit the Bamboo Chute, an OD Hopkins Flume this helped make our day even more enjoyable.

At noon we met up with the lords or Story land. We were able to ask them about the rides and attractions they have and had. They even talked to use about one idea that might become the next amazing land to join the Story and Kingdom. Most importantly they are hoping to use the Whip and Flying Scooters they were able to get from destroyed Kingdom of Whalom. They spent much time with the People from ACE until it was time to go on.

Own Journey through Story land Continued to the fantasy area of the park were we rode a Pumpkin Coach and Meet Cinderella. We even road a giant swan and brought laughter and Color back to the Island of Butterflies.

Story Land is a Beautiful and Magical place with Green grass landscaping and many things to make you feel like a kid again. The rain had washed away some of the magic but there were landscape Wizards all about transforming the lands into the magical places they normal area. Every thing was running except for two rides. The Wizards of Maintenance were building a new walk way for the Pirate adventure and Dr. Geyser’s Remarkable Raft ride. This is another amazing creation from the Magicians at OD Hopkins. The raft ride was being redone from its Stubborn Ogre Hydraulic Holds to the easier to work Elfin Electric ones.

Story Land Closed at 6:00 early enough for the children that Visit can get home before the dark. The day went well we were able to ride all the operating rides. so we said Good buy to our ACE friends and talked bout the two fantasy filled parks we would visit the next day. But that’s another Trip report.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Lin48

6/11/2005 10:48:09 AM
How much does it cost to go here and is it really worth it for someone who doesn't have a little kid with them? I mean, I think about going to the Magic Forest in Lake George these days and I just can't see it being worth the price you'd have to pay (albeit reasonable, apparently) just to be able to ride a handful of the rides that they have (all standard stuff at amusement parks catering to more than just little children anyway). What do they have at Story Land that is beyond a Little Dipper kiddie coaster or the tug boats? I know they have a dark ride there...tell me more about that.

Lin48
mrceagle

6/13/2005 2:50:28 AM
I have to regretfully inform you that the dark ride has been gone for some time now. the ride jsutcouldn't keep up with demand.

anyways the park coasts $22.00 a person during the normal season. every ride is well themed and can fit adults. there are only 2 rides that adults may be a bit uncomfertable in dependign on there size.
Check out the ratign on this site.

Notable atractions:
Polor coaster - Custom Hopkins coaster, one of a kind, usign Morgan trains. it's not super fast but its fun
Water rides - The parks two water rides are both built by Hopkins. the Bamboo chute is shorter then most but ofers a great ride and is actuallu verry much free of jurking. the Raft ride is for olfer patrons and ofer noneintence rafting with allot of extra effects to get you wet.

CocoClockinspeil - the best thmed tea cup ride you will ever find. the ride was custom designed by the park and the ride is wisdom. every thing else put in the ride was maid on site.

Over all ther are allot of rides in the park and it's verry easy to make a day out of the park. especially if you watch the shows and the animatyronic things they have throughout thepark.

if you have more questions im me at mrc_eagle@yahoo.com. I also have am MSN one but I'm not sure the log in. I'm normaly on and can respond on weekends. Fri-mon morning. it's an email so you can ask me more questions in you need.
mrceagle

6/13/2005 9:23:28 AM
One other major thing I forgot to mention was teh feel of the park. it's the closist thing to Disney without acually going to Disney. Teh Staff is freindly, teh rides are well kept, the feeling you get is intrancing, and the ground are verry clean. they even have custome tree scalputer around the park were most parks would have just removed the aging tree.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics