Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author 6 Flags GA Question
darkridrMD

6/7/2005 4:44:23 PM
Question: I'm thinking of using my season pass and going to SF:GA Saturday for only the second time ever(since my home park is closed to the public). Anyone have suggestions on an itinerary such as what I should hit first?

Thanks to Larrygator for pointing this out: Six Flags America is the park I'm referring to.
Message updated 6/7/2005 5:29:12 PM by darkridrMD
larrygator

6/7/2005 5:10:20 PM
does the GA mean:
1) Georgia
2)Great Adventure
3) Great America

I assume Great Adventure since you are living in Delaware.

Saturday will probably be crowded so be prepared. I would plan to arrive when the park opens and hit the following in this order.

Personally I would head to Kingda Ka right away becuase if you don't get on line early you may to waiting half the day.

Then I would go the to other slow loading coasters:
S:UF, then The Chiller. Then I would circle around the park to not waste time walking back and forth.

After Chiller go the Batman The Ride, then Nitro a couple of times, then Skull Mountain, I like the the flat ride next to Skull Mountain "Jolly Roger". You will pass by a family coaster Blackbeards Advetnure (if you want the credit) Walk along the lakeside of the park to Medusa (mulitple rides), then Rolling Thunder and Runaway Mine Train, then I'd go on GASM since there shouldn't be a line.

Other fun flats in my opinion are SpinMeister (Enterprise), FreeFall (one of the first of it's kind), Houdini House (although it is closed alot), Rodeo

good luck

--------------------
Mom always said, "Don't play ball in the house".
Message updated 6/7/2005 5:21:45 PM by larrygator
darkridrMD

6/7/2005 5:26:31 PM
Larry, dude, I am sooo sorry to have you write all that. I didn't think about the initials. I had meant America. Great Adventure is the home park that I was saying is closed: I guess for a private event. I'm really sorry about the confusion!
Cyclonic

6/7/2005 7:21:00 PM
Just to give you a little help:

SFA=Six Flags America
SFGAdv=Six Flags Great Adventure
SFGAm=Six Flags Great America

Yeah, confusing, I know.

SFA is a very nice park, and if you get there early (like right at opening) it should not be too crowded. The waterpark is now open too, so that will help you out.

upon entering the park, go across the bridge and head right toward the Gothlem City section. It is a little confussing, keep heading right and toward the back of the park, and hit Superman first, followed by Batwing. From this point, head back out, getting in Joker's Jinx along the way, and head toward Wild One, also riding Two Face along the way. While in this section should should also hit Tower of Doom.

Going toward the middle of the park, you will find Roar, and then past Roar into the Western section is Mind Eraser. If it is open, ride the Sea Coaster next to Roar, as it has alot of problems, so you want to get that in.

That is about it. The park is basically a big horse shoe, with a confussing mix of flat rides in the middle.

--------------------
My Track Record

Penncoasters.com

Coaster Events Page Updated 4/18/05

Nobody sees the Wizard! Not noway! Not nohow!

larrygator

6/7/2005 9:49:22 PM
I have to agree with Cyclonic on the order (even though i have only been there once) Unfortunately Batwing and TwoFace are both slow loading and the two combined with S:ROS are all known for lots of down downtime. I find the Rodeo (by Mind Eraser) and Iron Eagle to be very good flats
Message updated 6/8/2005 2:59:13 PM by larrygator
Hercules

6/8/2005 10:00:12 AM
I actually have a little Great Adventure question. I heard that the Robin side of Chiller decided to get stuck in the Zero-G roll and they had to push it out and it was valleyed, again. It seems to happen like once a year Does anyone know if it is up and running again or know when it will be? And is the Batman side actually going like they said it would be? I haven't been to the park in a couple weeks.
darkridrMD

6/8/2005 1:10:17 PM
Guys, thanks for the tips. I do recall on my one visit that Batwing had lots of issues. Hercules-where is SFGam located?
larrygator

6/8/2005 2:59:58 PM
S F Great America is 30 miles north of Chicago
darkridrMD

6/10/2005 11:19:03 AM
Oh, okay. Won't be going there anytime soon!
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics