Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Kingda Ka (Quick TR)
bb_dg

6/1/2005 1:56:35 PM
got to the park at 9:30 this morning. went to the "rope" and participated in the running of the bulls at 10. ran to the ride, got in line (which can hold a ton of people) and was in the station in no time. i sat 3.2 on the first public train out of the day. that was awesome

ka is a really awesome ride. i love the speed and height. i wasnt sure about the brake at the top but i think it definately adds to the experience. air hill was disappointing but i really didnt expect much from it anyway. overall, i was very very impressed. this is one hell of a ride.

after that, the line stretched down the midway to the tiger stadium (yea) so we headed over the SUF only to wait for it to break down. good sign for ka that its more reliable than a beemer. we headed to that turtle like ride next to wok n roll (cant remember the name) then SM and finally nitro in the backseat. great ride on nitro too. reminded me why i love that ride so much. we called it a day and were out of the park at 12.

overall, a great morning at the park. finally got on ka and the lines moved quickly for the most part. going in the morning is definately the way to go to beat the lines for ka (or any other ride in the park since everyone is waiting for ka). i think i might go on friday for the season pass holders ERT on ka. i need more rides to write a complete review of the ride.

--------------------
-Barry
My Phlog - Pics from my camera phone updated in real time
My Personal Coaster Site - All about my obsession with coasters
My General Aviation Site - Follow my flight training progress
Swimace

6/1/2005 2:28:29 PM
What do you mean brake at the top? did they trim it at the top or something?
bb_dg

6/1/2005 5:55:36 PM
yup
Hercules

6/2/2005 10:21:54 AM
You can't really tell it is there though, at least I can't. And watching videos of Dragster and watching videos of Kingda Ka and seeing it in person, I don't see much of a difference in speed from one to the other while cresting over the hill.
bb_dg

6/2/2005 11:12:25 AM
i did notice a difference though and ive been on both. all the brake does is keep the trains speed constant over the top and into the drop. i noticed it doesnt slow the train down at all, just prevents it from picking up speed
Hercules

6/2/2005 1:10:06 PM
I knew what it was there for, but just didn't completly understand it. It is just one of those improvements that will make the ride a little more dependable.

And sorry that I haven't been on both
bb_dg

6/2/2005 3:56:57 PM
yea im lucky to live where i do in short/managable driving distance to a bunch of huge parks.
Hercules

6/2/2005 4:12:06 PM
Yeah, me too, but I just haven't been able to get to a lot of them. Watch out for a burst from me over the summer and into the spring. I'm thinking about Six Flags New England this weekend. Busch Gardens is in there for the fall, and I'm considering Grizzlyfest. I have to get to Six Flags America, considering that I had that unfortunate morning when I was all set to go in April.
sfganitro

6/3/2005 6:26:52 PM
im planing on going to sfne and sf darien lake and i got a great adventure season pass and on the back it says your pass is good at sixflags themparks, the great escape, la ronde, wild waves and enchanted village, and wyndnot lake, does that mean its valid at all six flags parks plus those, or does it mean the following six flags parks then lists those?
bb_dg

6/3/2005 6:55:36 PM
you can use your pass at SFNE and SFDL (as well as any other six flags park)
sfganitro

6/3/2005 7:43:14 PM
ok good thx
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics