Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Part3 WarnerBros Movie World Madrid 5/27
ibluv

5/30/2005 5:54:21 PM
After the 45 minutes that couldLve been better spent I hit Hotel Embrujado (Bewitched Hotel), a dark ride that is actually more of an optical illusion. The queue for this ride is reminiscent of that of the Tower of Terror, with dim lighting, cobwebs everywhere, and paintings on the walls whose eyes follow you for real. The ride itself is in the dining room. In the middle thereLs a long table with all sorts of rotting food and rats. At one end sits an animatronic corpse-bride. The riders sit at long benches with lapbars on either side of the table, and as the corpse-bride begins to talk in Spanish, the room appears to spin, and it feels like youLre flipping upside down, when in reality the benches are only flipping partway and itLs the room itself that is upside down. ItLs hard to explain but it was cool and ILve never experienced anything quite like it before (I couldnLt make out what the bride was saying cuz the kiddies were screaming too much).

After this I headed back to Superheroes World and rode all the rides I missed the first time through on the Gotham City end which is about as ugly as the original: Mr. Freeze, a cleverly-disguised Huss Wave Swinger, Coches Choque Joker which are some fun bumper cars,Batman:Knight Flight, a below-average simulator. My favorite non-coaster ride in the park is RiddlerLs Revenge, a TALL triple S&S space-shot and turbo-drop tower that does exactly what itLs supposed to do. I also re-rode the 4 major coasters in the park at least once.

At this point only an hour remained til the park closed at 8, so I hit Cartoon Village, the final themed area for a few seconds. ItLs basically the kiddie area, and itLs where all the costumed characters hang out. I saw Betty and Barney Rubble, Bugs, and Tweety posing for pictures with kiddies, but I myself am not into that. With three exceptions, all the rides in this part of the park are for the little ones only. I managed to ride Tom and Jerry, a Zierer family coaster. ItLs picnic-themed (not sure what this has to do with T&J) with giant ants, a giant piece of cake, and a huge juice carton the train goes through like a small tunnel. ItLs fast for a family ride, but itLs very short. The train should go through it at least twice instead of just once, especially on slower days.

This turned out to be my final ride for the day. Afterward I ate some cheesecake icecream, hit the gift shops then left the park about twenty minutes before it closed because I didnLt want to miss the next train back to Madrid.

There were at least 4 major rides that I did not experience:

-Cold-Creek Falls: an ordinary Intamin spillwater with little if any theming located in Old West Territory

-ACME river raft ride (Cartoon Village)

-Scooby Doo tea cups (Cartoon Village)

-An antique auto ride in Warner Bros studios that was not operating that day.

I mainly missed the first two because unless itLs unbearably hot I donLt like to get super drenched. Although the temperature was in the mid 90Ls that day it was breezy with very low humidity so it didnLt feel nearly that hot.

For the attractions I did experience hereLs a list with the number of times I rode each one, followed by the rating, and comments if necessary.

Attraction: Rating:

Superman x3 10
Batman La Fuga x2 10
Stuntfall x3 10
Coaster Express x3 7
Tom y Jerry x1 8
Rio Bravo x1 8
The boats need a better drainage system and you have to bring everything with you on the ride, even cameras, which can be potentially devastating, especially with the extra water in the boat.

Batman: Knight Flight x1 5
This simulator just isnLt very exciting. It barely moves. ILve been on way better, the late Questor at BGT being hard to beat.

RiddlerLs Revenge x1 10
An exhilarating drop tower

Carros de la Mina x1 7
Breakdance t
Message updated 5/30/2005 6:00:33 PM by ibluv
Swimace

5/31/2005 9:08:52 PM
You're lucky to get to a park like this. Not many people can get to Spain. I think it looks like a great park that you never really hear about.
ibluv

6/1/2005 5:36:38 PM
I donLt think many Americans have been there yet. It only opened in 2002, and I didnLt run into a single other foreigner while I was there. However, airfares can be cheap, (especially if youLre a student) and Spain is a beautiful country filled with great people, great food, and even better wine. It doesnLt have an overwhelming number of coasters (yet), but the amusement industry here only took off within the last 10 years (there is also a Universal Park outside Barcelona that I hear is also very good). If you ever get the chance to travel abroad, I highly recommend you come to Spain
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics