Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Friday at Great Adventure
bb_dg

5/28/2005 10:15:35 AM
went for a few hours yesterday. didnt do much but there was just some things i wanted to comment on. the place was packed. in the 3 hours we were there, we went on one ride. the line for medusa was out of the que (ive never ever seen it like that) but we waited and got a good ride in. after that, we went to the new tiger show. it was a sneak peak show so it was cool to get one of the first looks at it. basically, i thought the show sucked. leave it to six flags to melt every single southeast asian culture into one performance and try to pass it off as legit. there was some weird interpretive dance that was horribly choreographed. and at the end of the show, they mixed "what the world need now" with the melted asian beats and a techno sounding bass line. even i was offended. the jokes the trainers told were lame and half the time the tigers didnt want to cooperate. this show has a lot of potential (those tigers are really something) but its got a long way to go.

--------------------
-Barry
My Phlog - Pics from my camera phone updated in real time
My Personal Coaster Site - All about my obsession with coasters
My General Aviation Site - Follow my flight training progress
Hercules

5/28/2005 11:52:44 AM
I was at the park yesturday too. I went for the season pass holder ERT on Kingda Ka in the morning. I was planing on getting there at around 9 but I didn't get there until about twenty after. I got a quick ride and then they had to do maintanance and that slowed down the process, so I was only able to get one more ride in on it. I was in line and waiting for the ride to get going and the park opened. I had never seen anything like it before. I had seen the cars coming into the parking lot as I was there, but that was nothing. There was this massive flood of people running towards Kingda Ka and down the Golden Kingdom midway. It just didn't stop. The steady flow (flow is a word that is lacking in this case) lasted literally 15 minutes. I got my last ride in and left to see the line. If you have been to the park and been on the ride you will know what the queue area is like and how incredibly long it is. Well, let's just say that the line would outside of the queue area area and stretched out all the way to the bathrooms. I wish I had a camera. I mean, 2-3-4 people side by side in line. The rest of the park was a ghost town. There were no other rides running at that time because everyone was in line for that ride. I walking through the Golden Kingdom, and I passed this group of black people and the one girl was like "How the f*ck there a 7 hour wait. Ain't nobody hardly here. They s*it'n us. We gone get on no problem. Those f*cking lying b*as*ards." I felt like saying, "Ummm, that's because there are 12,000 people in line right now. The entire park is over there." So I walked over to Nitro and waited about 10 minutes for a middle seat, then got on the back car of Skull Mountain and left the park around 11:30. I was hoping to get on the Batman side of Chiller, but it was not operating yet. I guess it will be ready this weekend. I would have waited for that. So then I went home and did some things for the business and got dinner and went to Dorney for the night. It was the first time that I have hit two parks in one day, even if they were two parks that were very familiar to me. The place was dead once the music people got out of there and I had a very very enjoyable evening at the park. I can't wait to hit up Wildwater Kingdom on a hot day as a break from work (opening today).
bb_dg

5/28/2005 12:12:21 PM
how was the season pass thing? i worry that it would be really crowded and not worth it. im planning on going on wednesday, getting to the park at 9 and participating in the running of the bulls but if the season pass thing is empty, i might just wait for that.
Fore91

5/28/2005 2:16:07 PM
Yeah, when I go in less than a week and a half, Im planning on going wed. and thurs., but if the season pass thing works, Ill just go on friday morning, ride KK, then leave.
Hercules

5/28/2005 9:16:44 PM
Well, like I said, I got to the park at 9:20, and was through the lines and past security in the middle of the park (they are letting the general public in early but not letting them past the main midway so you have to show your season pass to get into the Boardwalk) and was in line for Kingda Ka by 9:30. I got a quick ride in the third seat. Then I made my way around and then they had to do the maintenance check and that is what hindered getting more than two rides. There were people there, but it was nothing overwhelming. If I had gotten to the park at 9, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have been able to get 4 or 5 rides. The kid that I sat next to on the second ride got 3 in. The thing is that you just have to settle for one of the rows other than the front to get a bunch of rides. I would definately recommend going on a Friday like this, just don't plan on spending the day at the park, as I'm sure you know.

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

2005 Trips to Dorney - 4
Rides on Hydra - 26
Stage of personal feeling for the ride: Still trying to get to like it
Message updated 5/28/2005 9:17:29 PM by Hercules
bb_dg

5/28/2005 10:03:15 PM
wow, thats great. hopefully it would stay like that. i bet most people dont know about it and as the season progresses, it will get more popular
Hercules

5/28/2005 10:05:32 PM
I'm sure it will, which is why I hit it up early like this. Once school gets out, it should be pretty crowded. I don't know if school was out on Friday in New Jersey or not, but I think a lot of kids skipped school for it. I don't really see a problem with being about to get a couple rides in during the summer though. Even if you only get one, at least you won't have to wait the 6-8 hours for it like the general public will have to do.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics