Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Jordon’s Furniture MOM and Bourbon Street/FX show
mrceagle

5/24/2005 4:24:50 PM
My brother and I left Manchester at 2:00pm after visiting family and took the trip to MOM at Jordan’s Furniture in Avon MA. It took about an hour and a half to get there. We had to drop our plans to go to Lake Compounce do to the weather.

MOM which Stands for Motion Odyssey Movie is the only IMAX Simulator in NE and the only one North of NJ. It’s located in the back of the store so you need to walk through the entire Store to get to it. The area in which it is in is interesting. Human Forms hand from the Ceiling with a slight light to show them off. At the bottom of the stares you find the MOM Snack Attack. This is where you buy you Coin to ride MOM, $5.00, and you can Sample Space balls. You can also Buy a few snacks.

The Pre show which is a Laser FX show is worth the $5.00 alone. From there you enter the theater. The IMAX screen is small compared to most but still bigger then any normal movie screen. The attraction uses Iworks class 1000 simulators with 8 point movement. The attraction showed two movies.

“Red Rock Mine” was very good. This is one of Iworks movie. The animation is pretty good and the theater even has secondary FX such as water and air. The movie is quite long and like the pre show would have been worth the original coast. From there they stop and offer the guests the opportunity to sit in one of the stationary seats since “MOM” is more intense then “Red Rock Mine.” With that out of the way they load MOM. MOM is an Onmiworks (who makes the Cinima 180 movies) Custom movie maid for Jordon’s Furniture. You jump off a building, ride Roller coasters, Ride a runaway truck, take place in a high speed pursuit, and more. It was a great day.

After that we jumped in the care and made our way to Jordon’s Furniture in Natick and the Bourbon St Experience. We had tickets to see a free IMAX movie and we wanted to check out Robots. We got to the store a little before 4 and maid our way to the back of the store were the IMAX Theater is located. We bought our tickets and went to the Bose Sound of Life Theater.

They put together a show that shows how picture without sound and sound alone are powerful but if you put them together you have something great. The movie is on a large Projection Screen and uses the sound FX played over there new Stereo system and Speakers along with Props and Strobes.

We walked down To Bourbon Street to catch “The Bourbon St Special FX Mardi Gras” Show. The show is allot of fun with Video, Interactive FX, Animatronics, and a full size Mardi Gras Float. The show takes about 10 minutes and runs every hour to half hour depending on how busy it is.

We went and ate at Kelly’s located in the store and went to the movie. “Robots” is a blast with some great jocks.

Over all it was a good day. I would have liked to go to Lake Compounce but the weather was just too bad. I would suggest that anyone in the area on a bad day with nothing to do come check out these attractions. Don’t forget to check out there Reading store with the Water FX show, Duck tour Roller ball game, flying trapezes, and IMAX Theater.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics