Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Dorney 5/21
Knoebels

5/23/2005 5:03:46 PM
Well, here it is. The day of Dorney. It was also the day of my band championship, but we'll get to that. So, I got to Dorney, and it surprisingly was very littley crowded. So, my buddies and I made the mad dash for Talon, which I have no idea why), and made it there. We got on, and I have to say, it's one of the better rollercoasters I've been on. So we continued on, and walked all the way down to Laser, which, again, I have no idea why. It looked a little tame, but it wasn't. The double loop gave you some wicked negative-g's, and it was overall a good ride. After that, we continued. We ran all the way back to Hydra, the new one, of which I have heard all the hype about, and got in line. Now, I have never been to Dorney before this, and therefore have never been on Hercules. (I am just letting you know this, so i will not be convicted of any prejudice against Hercules). Hydra was also an above average coaster, and a little more. I adored the Jojo Roll, and never got tired of slowly being flipped around head-over-heels, and coming slowly back to earth. It was a great ride. Then we headed over to Revolution (since Steel Force was still packed) and got on that ride. It was pretty cool, nothing special, but an okay ride. Then, on our way back to the carousel grove, we went on Thunder Creek Mountain. It got you a little more wet then the flumes I've been on, but other than that, it was nothing special. Then I went to my award ceremony (for the band thingie), and to my delight, we won first place. I then joined some new friends, and we hit the park again. We went on the Sea Dragon (an average swinging ship ride) and the Dominator (the space shot, not the free fall. I had heard that the free-fall was better, but alas, I did not get to ride it.)Then, finally, Steel Force. As soon as I boarded my train, it started pouring, which, I need to say, heightened my ride experience. Getting pelted with rain at speeds of 75 mph is AWESOME. But, needless to say, it was everything I expected. Then after that, We went over to Talon for one last ride, and then Hang Time. I honestly hated this ride, but, to each his own. Then we left.

Dorney was a great park, and I can't wait to go back again. It had good rollercoasters, and some good flats and other good things. It was overall a good park.

--------------------
Phoenix+BORN AGAIN+Knoebels=GREATNESS!!
Knoebels

5/26/2005 4:35:42 PM
Anyone?
*FreeBird*

5/26/2005 7:10:12 PM
Oh... Nice review. Don't you hate it when nobody comments on you're reviews? Anyway, I hope to get to Dorney as well this year, I haven't been there since I was very young (to young to remember). It sounds like a good park. It's funny, it's the closest park to me but I have only been there once.
Knoebels

6/1/2005 6:44:13 PM
Yeah, it is. Hope you get there too. Maybe a meet....
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics